Advice on my new car

OK. I need your advice on whattype of car should I buy. I know I can't buy it t'il 2 yrs but I should better start off with some advices.

Which of the following would you rank first?

1. Honda Civic 89
2. Chevy Cavalier 94
3. Dodge Shadow 90
4. Toyota Camry 89

All of these MUST be manual transmissions
The rest I don't care

Travo925

definetly go with the civic....I have known a lot of people who have had them and had NO problems with em whatsoever.....they are very reliable cars...that is what I would go with :)

Bobo

banned
My granma has an '87 honda civic, works fine, she loves it, the only problem she ever had was rust, the whole underbody rusted out. When the muffler rusted out, it sounded like a sports car, I told her she should keep it like that:D

plowexvii

for those kind of years, i would deffinately go with the civic as well. They're known to go 400k+ miles in some instances. I have a 91, and it currently has 140k. However, before you buy it you should check for rust. Mine is starting to rust, and with older civics rusting has been a known issue. If your living down south though, you should be fine.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yeah.

The Honda would also seem like the best choice for me. That said, I think so mainly because of the high quality manufacture of Hondas in general and their great engines. My dad has the Honda CRV (2000) and I must say that it's an awsome car. Definitely has that Honda feel.

JAN :D

rars222

You mentioned not buying for 2 yrs? At that point you are looking at almost a 20 yr old vehicle (Civic 1989). I would think in 2 yrs, a later model vehicle may be better suited. 1990+ is when antilock brakes and air bags started to appear. I would think safety should factor in somewhere.

What is your price range?

rars222

I sold a 1998 Buick Regal - loaded for $5,000 US last yr. (Not that that is the most desired car for the younger generation). I would think you could get something newer and safer than the cars you listed. That's my only point. The imports (Toyota, Honda) have certainly done well. It just seems like for that kind of money, you could look at later models with more updated features.

Good luck! It's exciting none-the-less!

stalex111

rars222 said:
You mentioned not buying for 2 yrs? At that point you are looking at almost a 20 yr old vehicle (Civic 1989). I would think in 2 yrs, a later model vehicle may be better suited.

I go with mr rars222, but maybe another type of honda civic will come out! :D

How about you post us again once you get information on the civic??

Bobo

banned
My mom just got a Ford Focus Station Wagon '03 for $6500 total......maybe just cause she' pretty, but somehow she pulled that one off:confused:

smadge

my dad bought a 1991 honda civic hatchback for $2000. after a few cheap repairs its running fine. but he only intends to keep it for another 2 years.

Styleprojekt

Yeah why do you want to go with such old and mostly unsafe cars for todays standarts? You can get so much better and newer cars for $5000. WHen you are looking at a Honda civic, then i always have to come with my german side and say: GOLF 3! The car is still nice looking and is one of the most selling car types in the world (not in the US, thats what makes it special compared to a boring boring honda civic wich every 15 year old has.)
Anyways, just my tought.

stalex111

Bobo said:
My mom just got a Ford Focus Station Wagon '03 for $6500 total......maybe just cause she' pretty, but somehow she pulled that one off:confused:

Well, you couldn't say my mom is very wise in thatr sort of stuff either but, maybe she didn't want a Ford Focus Station Wagon '03 :D .

Bobo

banned
stalex111 said:
Well, you couldn't say my mom is very wise in thatr sort of stuff either but, maybe she didn't want a Ford Focus Station Wagon '03 :D .

I don't care, I was just saying that she got one heck of a deal.....lucky her!