Advice on my planned out computer :)

rahving

I would also get one 1GB stick of ram instead of 2X512MB sticks. Will be better for when you want to upgrade to (probably) 2GB.

If you didn't know or to remind you, around the 23rd of this month (July), all of the AMD dual-core processors will be dropping HEAVILY in price. Most likely to somewhere around half what they are now. That will free up quite a bit of space to work with. Good luck with you build.

Last edited:

holyjunk

rahving said:
I would also get one 1GB stick of ram instead of 2X512MB sticks. Will be better for when you want to upgrade to (probably) 2GB.

If you didn't know or to remind you, around the 23rd of this month (July), all of the AMD dual-core processors will be dropping HEAVILY in price. Most likely to somewhere around half what they are now. That will free up quite a bit of space to work with. Good luck with you build.
I wouldn't get just one stick of ram. Get 2x 512mb like you were going to being the mobo supports 4 dimms. So you can just add another 2x512mb in the future if it is necessary.

Geoff

VIP Member
holyjunk125 said:
I wouldn't get just one stick of ram. Get 2x 512mb like you were going to being the mobo supports 4 dimms. So you can just add another 2x512mb in the future if it is necessary.
If he's going to be sticking with 2x512MB for a while (several months or so), then I would agree with you. But if he's planning on upgrading to 2GB anytime soon, deffinetly go with the 1GB Stick. Since when all 4 slots are filled, performance suffers and some motherboards reduce the RAM speed.

EMO-TOCROSS

rahving said:

That's good to know :rolleyes: It's been awhile since I've been keeping up-to-date on all this stuff, why is the price going to drop so rapidly? I ended up post-poning ordering all the parts, i'm waiting until this weekend to do so. Think the price will drop on newegg.com by then?

new vega

change ur card

if ur looking for video performance, change to ati

radeons have been proven to wipe out nvidio

get hooked up with a radeon X1600pro or better its only $150 at tigerdirect

holyjunk

[-0MEGA-] said:
If he's going to be sticking with 2x512MB for a while (several months or so), then I would agree with you. But if he's planning on upgrading to 2GB anytime soon, deffinetly go with the 1GB Stick. Since when all 4 slots are filled, performance suffers and some motherboards reduce the RAM speed.
Performance does suffer though when all slots are filled? Dealing with more places do go so to speak?

Geoff

VIP Member
holyjunk125 said:
Performance does suffer though when all slots are filled? Dealing with more places do go so to speak?
When you have all your RAM slots filled, the motherboard sets it to 2T usually, which will decrease performance slightly. You're much better off having only 2 sticks in a 4x DIMM motherboard, or 1 stick in a 2x DIMM (if no dual-channel).

EMO-TOCROSS

The order went through, I made some variations with the original parts but it all works great :) However, The motherboard didn't come with the IDE cord for the CD-ROM Drive, I looked for one on newegg.com and couldn't find one. Could someone link me a cord used for the motherboard to CD-Drive from newegg? Thanks :)

Iluvpenguins

Trust me dude,go witht he Nvidia 7600GT,it will wipe the floor with that Radeon,Nvidia has been proven to be more affective than Radeon...so yeah.