advice on toshiba overheating

tadaskr

Hello everyone,

I have problem with overheating. My Toshiba satellite A665D-S5174 have air flow issues. It have stupid cooling. and instead fan hole or grid it have dummy grid with no air flow. So I want advice about how to make that hole by myself? Without ruining everything
There is that gird I'm talking about
395404.jpg

legalize

Open up the case and clean out the dust from the CPU heatsink and fan. I opened a 3 yr old HP laptop recently and thought there was a sponge in there, but it was just dust very tightly packed where air should've been circulating!

tadaskr

This computer is half year old and I cleaned it twice. Temperatures when idle is about 50 when gaming 84 or sometimes more. It has two GPU and not good cooling.. Shame for toshiba

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
It is not a shame for toshiba. No laptop is built with sufficient cooling for gaming. The only time you are not going to see outrageously high temps in games is if you literally feed Air conditioner air directly into it. Basically lower the incoming air temp.

DMGrier

VIP Member
I had a over heating issue with a Dell I owned and I needed to replace the fan, cost me about $20 through Dell.

tadaskr

I had a over heating issue with a Dell I owned and I needed to replace the fan, cost me about $20 through Dell.

It is stock fan. And inside room is now 22C, but fan is always on about 2700RPM. Inside laptop at moment is CPU cores 50-59C. I think it is too hot, when surfing internet