Advice on which system to buy

JonWanez

So which of these 2 would you buy? If any? And is the additional price Justified in the more expensive unit?

Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 Tiny Business Desktop (Intel i7-6700T, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 2TB HDD, Windows 7 Pro) - Cheap Small Form Factor Computer PC
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-6700T Quad Core Processor (8MB Cache, 2.8GHz-3.6GHz) 35W
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | Hard Drive: 256GB Solid State Drive + 2TB 5400rpm Hard Disk Drive
  • Optical Drive: None | Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64 with Upgrade to Windows 10 x64
  • Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 530 | Display: None
  • i7-6700T CPU, 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD + 2TB HDD Upgrades* | View Product Description for more details. - $950

Lenovo ThinkCentre M900 Tiny Desktop, Intel vPro Quad-Core I7 Upto 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, Wifi, Bluetooth, Dual Monitor Capable, Windows 10 Professional 64Bit
  • Customized Lenovo ThinkCentre M900 Desktop With Mouse and Keyboard
  • th Generation Intel vPro Quad-Core i7-6700T 2.8GHz With Turbo Boost Upto 3.6GHz, 8 MB Cache
  • Upgraded 32GB DDR4 2133 MHz, Upgraded 512GB SSD SATA III
  • Intel HD Graphics 530, Wifi, Bluetooth 4.1, Gigabit Ethernet, TPM 1.2, Dual Monitor Capable
  • Windows 10 Professional 64Bit, 6x USB 3.0, 2x DisplayPort, Headphones/Microphone Combo - $1300

Lenovo ThinkCentre SFF M700 Intel Quad Core i7-6700, 16GB RAM, 500GB Solid State Drive, Win7Pro Desktop Computer
  • Processor: Intel i7-6700 Quad Core Processor (8MB Cache, 3.40 - 4.0 GHz)
  • Hard Drive: 500GB Solid State Drive
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM
  • Additional Accessories: Lenovo Keyboard, Lenovo Mouse, Stand
  • Memory and Hard Drive Upgrade* | View Product Description for more details -$900
I will be using as my main computer in the r cording studio. I have monitors keyboards all that stuff. So the package with the headphones and crap doesn't offer me any value, if it is only in that add on garbage.

I will want to set up at least 2 monitors, 3 if possible. I know the one says dual monitor functionality, but aren't they all really, one way or the other?.

I really appreciate some advice. At the end of my process and budget is low, a good decision here could allow me to squeak out one more mic, but not at the expense of CPU. I do have a sea gate 1TB hard drive that I will be storing all project files on (untI'll I need another haha). But basically no audio or video project files will be stored on the actual machine.. I may get some type of dock if. It makes it that much better, though I haven't begun to look into that yet.

Thanks again everyone!!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would highly recommend you building your own for those prices unless you are needing a small format desktop to save space. Pretty sure you could build for cheaper. And if you want more then 2 monitors then you'll need a dedicated video card capable of doing 3 monitors.

Cisco001

none of them fit for your purpose.
You probably need a stand mid tower with a low end video card for 3 monitor.
And possibly sound card?