Advicee!

KickassBaby

Hello i am from Serbia and i am a Hungarian i need an advice what to upgrate to my pc to play most of new games. My specs.

P5QPL-AM Asus Motherboard
Intel Pentinum D 965 3,4Ghz Dual Core Turbo
Kingston RAM DDR2 1x2+1x1=3GB
Nvidia Geforce Gt 630 1GB DDR2 64x Bit.

The games i played so far.
League of Legends
Far Cry3
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Space3
Darksiders2

All maxed out with no lag so tell me what to upgrade to play these new games.
For some 200 to 450€ euros.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Upgrade to a quad core processor such as the Q6700 or Q9650. Also would need to anywhere from 4 to 8gb of memory along with a new video card such as a GTX 760.

KickassBaby

Have you got 64 bit OS?
What PSU have you got?
What case have you got?

Case is standard,no i dont have 64x bit os i will install it after this one, i dont know what psu i have.

Upgrade to a quad core processor such as the Q6700 or Q9650. Also would need to anywhere from 4 to 8gb of memory along with a new video card such as a GTX 760.

But i must upgrade a pc fully are this processors compatible with my motherboard.

P5QPL-AM Asus Motherboard DDR2

Last edited by a moderator:

beers

Staff member
Can you take a look as to what PSU you have?

That is a really old system, you could probably 'get by' with a C2Q processor but you would also need additional RAM and a newer GPU (that one is really slow).

It'd probably be more cost-conscious in the long run to just budget for a new PC.

Cisco001

That is a really old system, you could probably 'get by' with a C2Q processor but you would also need additional RAM and a newer GPU (that one is really slow).

It'd probably be more cost-conscious in the long run to just budget for a new PC.

No point of adding ram when he only got 32 bit OS

Without knowing what PSU, the safest option of video card is GTX 750ti.

2nd hand C2Q would probably cost you 40 euro...

KickassBaby

I have Rexpower ATX,ATX 12V 500W.

Darren

Staff member

Low quality unit from a brand that I've never heard of, and can't find with a Google search, which isn't a good sign.

If you use a low quality power supply and stress it too much it could go bang and destroy itself and quite possibly components in your computer. Best to spend a bit more money on something that will be more reliable and provide safer power to your system.

KickassBaby

Low quality unit from a brand that I've never heard of, and can't find with a Google search, which isn't a good sign.

If you use a low quality power supply and stress it too much it could go bang and destroy itself and quite possibly components in your computer. Best to spend a bit more money on something that will be more reliable and provide safer power to your system.

Yes i will se about that, but this one serves me well. But ok no problem, what are you suggesting?