Adware Personal SE noob problem

ObsessedOne

I have been having a problem lately with Adware Personal SE. Whenever i do a smart scan and quarantine/delete the critical objects, my computer reboots and the viruses are not deleted. Any help?

PC eye

banned
AdAware won't cause a system to restart. It's far from that intrusive. Upon installing it you don't even need to restart the system. Either something strong like a worm got on there or you could be seeing a hardware problem. Have you tried using other removers like AVG, Ewido, or Spybot S+D?

Filip

AdAware won't cause a system to restart. It's far from that intrusive. Upon installing it you don't even need to restart the system. Either something strong like a worm got on there or you could be seeing a hardware problem. Have you tried using other removers like AVG, Ewido, or Spybot S+D?

I think he meant when he does a scan and reboots the computer the Spyware is still there, you sometimes need to reboot your computer to finish the deleting, that's what Ad-Aware SE says.

PC eye

banned
Anything quaranteened is something that will remain on the drive. It sounds like a need to use some other types of removers would see anything remaining wiped if AdAware doesn't even with a restart. One method for removing things is to use the msconfig to disable all startups. You may not be able to run certain removers in safe mode. After a restart run AdAware and others manually. If you still see problems or see the name of a virus or spyware post the name here as well as a HiJack This log.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I always do Ad-Aware and SpyBoy in safe mode. Some of the programs they try to remove are active when the OS is fully booted. The easiest way to run a clean scan and remove the items is to do a safe mode scan. I also usually run my anti-virus during this time as well...