aero glass turned off

lovely?

where do i find the option to turn aeroglass back on? it somehow turned off during a restart and now my windows have a teal border instead of my see-through one i have already tweaked visual effects to full quality, but it did nothing. how do i turn aeroglass back on?

Geoff

VIP Member
Go to Start > Control Panel > Personalize > Windows Color and Appearance > Select "Windows Aero"

If Aero is already selected, then you can adjust the color and transparency.

lovely?

Untitled4.jpg

im guessing thats bad right? well what i told you that windows explorer just had to restart because i closed paint? then what if i told you that programs are constantly erroring? should i reinstall vista? wont be too difficult, i think

lovely?

are there such things as progressive errors? explorer had to restart again, this time when i opened windows media center

EDIT: i found something new. one of the svchost.exe processes it taking from 15-50% of my processor constantly. is that normal in vista?

Last edited:

speedyink

VIP Member
im guessing thats bad right? well what i told you that windows explorer just had to restart because i closed paint? then what if i told you that programs are constantly erroring? should i reinstall vista? wont be too difficult, i think

Theres definately something screwy with your install of Vista. I very rarely get errors, and when they do happen I never have to restart Windows. Also, that svchost process should not be taking up that much CPU. Mine all say 0%. I think reinstalling Vista is your best bet, which would also fix your Aero issue (which is quite puzzling as well:confused:)

kof2000

run regedit:
change the following keys

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\Composition set to 1 (32-bit DWORD)

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\CompositionPol icy set to 2 (32-bit
DWORD)

open a command prompt with admin rights :

- Type 'net stop uxsms'
- Then 'net start uxsms'

lovely?

kof, i would do that right now, if i had any idea how to open a command prompt and regedit.

but do you think this would really help? oh and by the way omega vista score on my video card is 6.0, and its a ati radeon X800GTO

this whole svchost thing makes me wonder if thats the real cause behind my problems so far, like age of empires not running, eve laging due to limited processor, and my aeroglass

Last edited:

kof2000

start button > in the search box, type regedit and browse to those keys and double click to edit dword to those numbers.

search for cmd then right click it and run as administrator.

lovely?

hey this happened when i restarted today. another problem im guessing:
Untitled5.jpg

notice that there are NO profiles of svchost.exe running

vonfeldt7

dude (Thread starter) you're sig (that...apparently is from your friend) is the sweetest thing I've ever heard (mostly because its true.

I just wanted to let you know.

*EDIT* Reinstall vista, and dual boot it with linux just because you can.

lovely?

hahaha thanks man it made me laugh so hard when he said it, because the day before an arabian man in a 7/11 harassed him for stealing (he wasnt stealing)

now THATS screwed up

heyman421

banned
my guess would be that your computer tested poorly at some point (probably because you were multi-tasking while doing the performance test) and as soon as your score dropped below 2.0, vista disabled aero.

Last edited: