after disable ssid broadcast.....

wax

Hi, all

After I disable ssid broadcast in my router, I found that one of computer using wireless nic card can't connect my router.

However, other wireless device are ok.....

After I enable broadcast, that computer is ok.

I have no change any setting between enable and disable broadcast.

Does anyone have that experience??

My adapter is DLINK DWL-122. Router is Linksys or Dlink

Thank you...

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
disable the ssid, then go to the problem computer RE-input the settings, see if that helps.

randruff

Are you using the built in Windows wireless zero config utility to connect wirelessly or a 3rd party software (netgear, linksys, etc) that comes with a wireless nic?

wax

yup....I'm using wireless zero utility and the software comes with dlink.

I tried to disable wireless zero, but it still doesn't work.

please help...

Morb

Ssid

SSID stands for -- Service Set Identifier -- and it is unique name of wireless network. This name is set by user of wireless network itself(or is default - varies from producer to producer). CISCO has --tsunami--.

Wireless router or AP/bridge broadcasts SSID in --beacon--.

If you have broadcasting of SSID disabled on router you have SSID set on client station manually(not automaticaly learned and set) otherwise your attempt to associate with wireless access-point/router is unsucessfull.(your case)

You can do it throught WirelessZeroConfiguration if you are using Windows embeded wireless utility.

Simply go to the wireless adapter in --Network connections-- and select properties. Thenyou can navigate throught tabs. On one of this tabs there are things related to WirelessNetwork/SSID settings(WEP,WPA, and other too). Set it manually.

I'm totally sure that this is your problem.

Geoff

VIP Member
Since you disables SSID, your computer cant search for a wireless signal, you have to enter the name of the router manually into your computer. Then it should work.