After Effects problem

Comp_Newb

So i am trying to learn Adobe After Effects and i get this error:
Any idea's? Why wouldn't my computer run this?

sshaggy

Simply because it is running out of memory.
There is an option of dedicating a given amount of RAM for the program, and also a disc caching option, which enables the program to use hard disk as virtual ram. I dont know where it is, but you should find it somewhere in preference->Disk caching(not exact). Set disk caching a little higher than the default value.

But disk caching is obviously slower than real RAM. So go for the better option, increase ur RAM.

TFT

VIP Member
I'll admit to not knowing the program but the 10240 x 7680 image buffer is a strange size :confused: That is one hell of an image buffer memory.

In preferences, try reducing the "Maximum RAM cache size"

Ignore me if I'm talking rubbish :D

Last edited:

Comp_Newb

I need to know how to do this. I am not sure what to do about it.
I am a n00b. Thanks.
Edit:
Or how can i increase my ram for the time being? Can i delete stuff?
I don't have any money right now but i can buy more RAM when i get paid. I will probably pick up a 2gb stick.

Last edited:

TFT

VIP Member
Start up Adobe after Effects and under the "File" or "Edit" menu you should find a "Preferences" menu. Look for "Maximum RAM cache size"
and reduce it to say 40-50%.

Comp_Newb

I do not see that. I have these options:
ram.jpg

Comp_Newb

Thanks guys but no matter what i put in that i get the same error. It loads my project and when i try to zoom on it, it loads and loads for like 10 seconds and i get that error. My project goes black while it loads as you can see in the SS.
Maybe i should just wait until i get paid and get 2gb or ram?

bomberboysk

Thanks guys but no matter what i put in that i get the same error. It loads my project and when i try to zoom on it, it loads and loads for like 10 seconds and i get that error. My project goes black while it loads as you can see in the SS.
Maybe i should just wait until i get paid and get 2gb or ram?

Ram upgrade sounds like the best idea here...