After lurking for a while I have to ask a question

elazarus

for years I have bought Dell computers built for me with lots of Ram and Usually the 2nd best CPU....

I feel that after 1 year my computer has really slowed down and I am on it 16 hours a day as I have internet commerce web sites.

After performing all the Registry Mechanics , Web washer, Spyware and System Mechanics etc...I feel that the computer is totally clean but not as fast as I would like.

My Question is: Are the Falcon Computers and the like that much better than a Dell? My IBM thinkpad for travel is great as it finds Wi-fi everywhere and it never has to reboot...so it is a keeper.

But the Dell vs HP vs Falcon/Alienware(just bought by dell)...is there really a difference?

BTW I tried 2 HP's and they both got fried within 6 months.

Thank you

Elliot

Motoxrdude

Alienware is the best if you had to buy a prebuilt computer, but if you build computer yourself, you will get A LOT more performance for a ton cheaper.

elazarus

Thanks but I am not able nor do I want to build one

Is there a difference between Alienware and Falcon?

Thanks

E

Motoxrdude

I personally like falcon more. They seem to be more accomodating. They seem to put more quality parts in and they test them extensively before they ship them. I would go with falcon but alienware is decent also.

SirKenin

banned
Don't buy any of them. Buy one of mine. I'll even be happy to charge you a ton of money and everything. I'll be very accomodating, I promise. As long as you use the CPU I want, mobo I want, PSU, case, HDD and RAM I want, I'll work with you. I'll even let you choose your floppy and optical drive.

Feel free to send me a PM.

Oh, and go Blue Jays!! Oh... Wait... They're getting their butts kicked. :(

Hehehe. Alienware is supposed to be awesome, but seriously overpriced from what I hear... Remember, this is all hearsay. I personally really like Dells, but I guess it comes down to preference.

4W4K3

VIP Member
I'd go with Falcon Northwest. They were one of the first to really categorize and sell "gaming computers" specifically. They have a long history, and seem to be better bang for buck. "Accomodating" is a good way to put it I guess :p

apatel9

what about ibuypower.com, sager.com and hypersonic-pc.com? Out of all the companies that prebuild computers, which is the best bang for its buck?

elazarus

I am definitely not a build your own guy

I break out in a sweat if I see a screwdriver.....

I guess the bottom line is simple....are the Alien/Falcon's thatmuch better than a top of the line Dell for a computer that is not used for games but is worked hard 16 hours a day and always has 10 windows open plus a few other programs?

Thank you

E

4W4K3

VIP Member
No. For that a top of the line Dell will be MORE than adequate.

Agreed. Get a decent amount of RAM and a dual-core processor from Dell...you can open as many windows as you want lol. It doesn't really matter how long you run it per day. I have my computer run F@H 24/7, 365 days a year if I can, it never gets turned off.

ceewi1

VIP Member
A Dell system should be fine. If you had a high-end system built only a year ago, it should still be OK. You may wish to try a full format and reinstall before you go spending so much money on a new system.

jljhlhl

I would definatelly go for a good Dell, and stay away from Alienware for your needs. Dell will be cheaper, and very good for your needs.

elazarus

Thank you for the good input.....

I always buy a lot of Ram (2 gigs now) and I have a lot of "clean up software" but it seems to just slow up.......

There is nothing like a computer when you take it out of the box new with very few programs on it....it flies...

E