After Saving BIOS Nothing Happens...

Rambo

Hi!

I put my motherboard (ASUS A7N8X-X) in my computer chassis and connected it all and stuff...

1)Turned it on and I pressed DEL and went straight into the BIOS. Then after making my configurations (change it to boot from CD drive, etc...) then I select "Save Changes & Exit".

This is when nothing happens. The screen goes into stand-by and the computer is still running. Nothing happens :confused:

So, I push the power button (on the front) and it doesn't turn off. Reset button - again, doesn't turn off (although the DVD Drive seems to start again (the LED on it flashes like all Disc Drives do when the computer starts up normally)). So I go to the switch on the back and turn it off then on again. The LED on the motherboard goes green, then I push the power button on the front and it turns on (strange, because I can use the power button to turn it on, but not off :confused:). Then it tries to start up, and it gets to the part after it says what the Graphics Card is. Then it does some stuff, and says (from memory, won't be exact):
"CPU frequency at 100 Mhz (something like that), the computer was not turned off correctly and is running in safe-mode speed. Please press DEL and go to BIOS table and set the correct CPU speed (it says something like that)".

So I go an see the CPU Frequency speed and it says that it is 266 Mhz (what it should be). I say save changes and exit, and the whole process starts all over again..... Screen goes blank.....Nothing happens.....Restart computer with the switch at the back.....etc... What is going on? I'm going to dive into my comuter now and see what it happening, and in the mean-time, if anyone can help, please do.

Thanks, any help is much appreciated! :D

double-dragon

i had this exact problem with the same mobo. still aint sorted it tho.
the only way i can get it to work is to reset the BIOS, but even then the CPU is only recognised as a 1800+.

Please help me :(

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What revision of th motherboard do you guys have? I had that board and it was a pleasure to work with :)

double-dragon

Sorted.
This problem has been around for a while and has been experienced by lots of people who bought the ASUS A7N8X-X.
Basically ASUS put the wrong volt battery in the board. It should be 3.3v instead of the 3.0v thats already in there.
Change your battery and it should sort it. I know i will asap, lol :D

Rambo

Can't we just get a program that can increase the voltage .3 of a volt? Be much simpler, plus, I have never replaced a battery before :confused: