After years of buying PCs I am a Mac owner

88Jonsson

1. Samsung makes laptops now? LOL They can barely make any good cellphones.

2. What machines? Any PC you build will decrease in value drastically over a year. Each month company's release something new and whatever you put in that computer will automatically decrease in value. There is tons of people that buy mac, you just dont see them around. Mac do hold their value, just like any apple product, Why? Because they dont rush too release a new upgraded laptop every 1-2 month, apple takes their time in their design. Let me know if you have ever heard of a mass failure of screen, etc on a mac like asus has now.

3. Did i mention anything that a macbook can survive a 6ft drop? NO i was saying that for everyday use, a mac will outlast a ordinary laptop over the years. I got an example for you, my girlfriend bought a toshiba satelite laptop for 700$ around the same time as i brought my macbook. its been over 2 years and nothing has happened to my laptop, As for her toshiba, after the first year, the charging port failed, she couldn't charge her laptop anymore. Her dvd drive failed. It started to over heat, one of the speakers died. One or two keys fell off while typing. She has never dropped the laptop, never abused it etc. It was from regular everyday use, playing music, surfing the web, etc.

4. I have seen plenty 1000k+ laptops that do not even come close to the screen quality of a macbook. Ill provide proof later as i do not feel like searching for em and wanna finish this post already.

5. Of course i there is plently of software out there for evey os that can edit videos etc. But are they as polished as apps for OSX? No. Every windows application will have problems, crash and more while an video editing software for osx (imovie) is stable, will not crash on you, and are polished. I travel with my good friend to studios for recording sessions, and i can say that 3 out of 5 these studios use macs for editing.

6. Oh i forgot to point this one out, Macs are faster than a PC. Does not matter what kind of PC it is. I actually compared my MSI gt780dxr to my early 09" macbook pro with core duo at 2.2ghz and boot time to xp was faster even tho i changed the boot to run on max cores on my msi. Even browising the web with google chrome is faster on a mac, pages load faster, ads etc.

The following are quotes (I did not write) that i think strongly represent why macs are better:

Like i said, they last long time, their build quality is better. In the time you own a macbook someone else brought 2-3 laptops already and im not talking about the tech shavy people also. I know ppl on here know crap load about computers and im not talking about you people.

Attachments

• simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg
    simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 12,079

Perkomate

Well.
376012-bigthumbnail.jpg

1293412080387_mac_vs_pc-s580x418-117105-580.jpg

Des_Zac

Hey, everyone, can you guys stop complaining about useless topics such as this? Saying PCs are better and Macs are better will not prove anything, as there is NO WAY to be right OR wrong.

Seriously, bickering over this stuff solves NOTHING other than thinking you're right, which you aren't... there isn't a single thing in the argument that isn't personal preference.

turbodiesel

i say it like this

macs::
good: are easy to use, nice looking, good performance, good for use at home
bad:games are mostly designed for pcs, hard to upgrade to make faster have to get a new mac instead

windows::
good:performance,,great for buisnesses, more software support, good for gamers
bad:virus likely,hard to use

linux/ubuntu::

good: free,good looking,fast,easy to use,nice intergrated features
bad: not much software support, not good for gaming

i say linux wins because it is free and is very nice to use
the only reason i use windows is because i can play games and it has more software support

DMGrier

VIP Member
We can say what we want, and opinion and truth are two different things but even then it is not hard to prove where a PC running Linux is superior.

Plus there is a lot of software for Linux, more then Apple and almost as much as there is for Windows.

mac208x

Ok, You win the battle. But the war isnt over!

@ Linkin

Please, i beg you don't get me started on cellphones. There you cannot win. Samsung makes the most crappiest phones out there. I may not know that much about computers, cellphones its a different story.

paulcheung

Ok, You win the battle. But the war isnt over!

@ Linkin

Please, i beg you don't get me started on cellphones. There you cannot win. Samsung makes the most crappiest phones out there. I may not know that much about computers, cellphones its a different story.

Samsung Galaxy S II is not a good phone? I think they are pretty amazing.
Cheers.

http://betanews.com/2011/12/31/galaxy-nexus-shames-iphone-4s-siri/

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket.aspx

mac208x

The Samsung galaxy S 2 i did not own, and most likely never will. Samsung phones plainly disgust me as i have owned a few and will never buy one again.

I have owned the Samsung captivate, Vibrant, mesmerize, and infuse. The build quality on these phones wore horrible, as they wore not solid. they scratch easily, cheap plastic. The captivate and vibrant would feel lose and squeak while using it also both did not have a flash (that was 2010) and i would understand if it was like 2001 but no flash in 2010? rly?. the build quality also goes for the mesmerize and infuse. All 4 had GPS issues, as it would not get your location, not work at all etc. The screen on the captivate got yellow on the bottom right, a big portion of it, so did on the infuse. You may think that i only owned one of each, no i have returned each one about 2-3 times, and every unit i got had a problem. Touchwiz is plain horrible, its worse than sence now. Its sluggish, slows down the phone, horrible theming. Samsung doesnt update the software that often, you have to wait a long time to get gingerbread. But yeah you can root your phone, flash CM7 or ASOP and be done with wiz, but what about the regular person that cant do that? doesn't have the knowledge? well they are screwed and stuck with it.

Oh and whats the only thing that samsung puts in these phones thats good? AMOLED, thats it.