Age of empires III, anything similar?

ashdavid

Hey guys, I love age of empires and I have I and II editions and was looking to buy the III edition.

But I wanted to know if there was anything similar where you build up you money, civilization, army ect,ect by getting your men to perform tasks and work for you and then go and have epic battles ect, ect. I love to hear some suggestions. Cheers

I love AOE 1 and 2 also , I would also like to know if there is a game similar to age of empire and very important, multiplayer.

Last edited:
Have you guys tried age of mythology? It is another great game. I loved AOE I and II but I didn't like the III that much.

There is another one called Empire Earth but i have not played the newer versions. Look them up and you may like them.

^

Yeah I have Age of Mythology: Gold Edition, which includes the Titans expansion. It is a great game! :)

AOE 1 and 2 Were good games. Age Of mytholgy was good 2. Age of empiers 3 sucked. As soon as gun powders is introduced its just like... wow....so taticle...

Have you guys tried age of mythology? It is another great game. I loved AOE I and II but I didn't like the III that much.

There is another one called Empire Earth but i have not played the newer versions. Look them up and you may like them.

^

Yeah I have Age of Mythology: Gold Edition, which includes the Titans expansion. It is a great game! :)

AOE 1 and 2 Were good games. Age Of mytholgy was good 2. Age of empiers 3 sucked. As soon as gun powders is introduced its just like... wow....so taticle...

Thanks guys for letting us know, I will take a look at those 2 games.

Rise of Nations is another RTS. Get your own money, troops, people, make them preform tasks and wage wars, etc.

You start out at the stone age and can advance up to modern age and such.
I rather enjoy it.

AOE III is an excellent game. It is sooo much better than II. All sorts of countering strategy and like 8 different factions will all different strengths and weaknesses. 5 Ages, amazing game. There is also a cool player ranking system if you get it and play online. GL, go buy a copy.

I am a HUGE fan of the AOE series. I liked the 3rd one but it was so different from all the others! If you look on eBay you can get AoE 3 pretty cheap.

Thanks Guys , I already have AOE 3. I like the sound of some of the other game suggested and I will check them out.:)

I think any RTS really is SORT of like the AOE series. I mean different games will have different modes and stuff but the basic game play is the same. Personally I like Warcraft III in terms of RTS. AOE III was a good game but I just couldn't get into it like I can Warcraft. I do hear though that Asian Dynasties was a nice expo to AOE III.

Warcraft 3 was Like the best RTS of all time. Campain and all that was ok... but bnet = awsome people always make new games :p FOOTMEN FRENZY ftw :D And If you play the real game... pfft no1 does. It's more taticle since You dont just mass armies and whoever fire first. You can see the armour hp etc. Most units have spells to research and you gather gold wood and build farms.

Back