Age of EmpiresII

Vaibhav

i have the above mentioned game along with AOM I on my pc.But recently afer reinstalling Windows i forgot to run SETUP and as a result(i think) i cant play the game.I get the message :"Could not initialize graphics system.Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw."
the prob is not with the hardware as the same game used to run smoothly earlier.what do i need to do as i AOM I is running fine as i ran SETUP before playing?my guess is i need to do something in regedit but what?

onusie

banned
Vaibhav said:
i have the above mentioned game along with AOM I on my pc.But recently afer reinstalling Windows i forgot to run SETUP and as a result(i think) i cant play the game.I get the message :"Could not initialize graphics system.Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw."
the prob is not with the hardware as the same game used to run smoothly earlier.what do i need to do as i AOM I is running fine as i ran SETUP before playing?my guess is i need to do something in regedit but what?
bruver, can u help me with the license code of the game, I need it on my system too

Vaibhav

I dont get it.I updted the graphics driver but do have DX9 installed.Rest of the games needing DX9 run fine.