AGP Aperture size?!?!?!?

ojfoggin

Hi
I bought a pc about 2 years ago and have gradually changed everything but the cpu and the motherboard. I downloaded sisoftware (a probing software that tells you everything about your computer components and my AGP aperture size on my motherboard was 128Mb.
I then updated my bios cos the one I had was about 3 years old and now it says the AGP aperture size is 64Mb!!

Does this mean I have lost some quality by updating my bios? Or is there a setting in the BIOS startup that I can change?

Thanks
Oliver

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Dunno but there isnt much of an improvement between 64MB and 128MB as far as aperture size goes. If you want, you can goto your BIOS and change the size to 128MB (which is default and has been for probably the last 8 years lol) :) Of course, if you want to leave it, it wont matter

ojfoggin

That's cool.

Will it restrict my Graphics card that I have in at the mo.

I've got an ATI Sapphire 9600 256Mb card.

My full specs is :
Athlon XP 2100+
256 ATI Sapphire 9600
768Mb RAM
M/B is some really old Jetway v266B (or something)

If it will affect it is the only thing to do get a new M/B (I was thinking of doing that anyway and getting an AMD 64 cpu)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Will it restrict my Graphics card that I have in at the mo.
No. Hell even with a flagship card like the 6800Ultra you probably wont notice much.

As for upgrading, you're system isnt horribly antiquate (i've gone one of them at home) -- if you want to upgrade, wait till the christmas/new-years sales come around :)