Agp Port Gone Bad?????

steve_d.

I have a question, if my agp port went bad and i installed a pci video card in instead, but i am still not getting any video to the moniter???? what do i need to do or is the motherboard shot??? AMD Athlon 1.2ghz & a AMD Athlon 1.9ghz.
thanks steve

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
I'm confused (it really doesn't take much!)... Did you put a PCI card in an AGP slot?

Sorry, just had to ask to make sure I didn't read it wrong.

Ok, provided that the PCI is in the PCI slot :))) you may have to go into BIOS and select the type of VGA connector.

steve_d.

i put a pci video card in the pci slot, not the agp port... but how do i get into the bios when i don't get anything on the moniter?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
If nothing's showing on the monitor than you either have some sort of hardware problem/conflict, or you have some other card set as the primary card. Sometimes onboard AGP takes preference over PCI "off-board" cards.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
i put a pci video card in the pci slot, not the agp port... but how do i get into the bios when i don't get anything on the moniter?

Does your MoBo have on-board graphics? If it does, take out both your video cards (AGP and PCI) and hook the monitor up to the VGA port integrated on the Board. Enter BIOS that way and make the changes.