Ah man.. Too hot.

Luchman

I FINALLY got around to building my computer (sig) and everything seems to be running fine (crosses fingers ;) ) except for my temps .At idle, Core Temp is reading my stock Q6600 at about 45C and at about 66C after 20 or so minutes of Prime95. I'm guessing its my heat sink placement, but I really thought I put that on pretty well. My heat sink is a Tuniq Tower 120; Does any body have any tips or advice as to how to put this on or about why my stock quad would be running so hot? I know they're supposed to be warmer than most, but Im not sure about the upper 60's...

Thanks!

spanky

Poor case airflow, poor quailty thermal paste, inncorrectly applied thermal paste? Perhaps someone else has some ideas.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
What are you using to monitor the temps? from what i hear the Q6600's seem to get higher temps. Thats a good cooler, the only thing i know you could do it get AS5 unless you already have it, but i don't think that would realy make a noticable difference.

Luchman

Yup, I used AS5.

I hope its not bad air flow.. This case is a beast and all 5 fans (CPU included) are running at 100%.

I guess I'll just have to give it another go at reseating the heat sink..