Ahh, help! Computer crashed while playing a game.

Hyper_Kagome

Well, I was playing Diablo 2, with no problems untill BAM, the computer turns to a blue screen saying,
"Windows had to shut down to prevent any further damage, etc... restart now."
So I did, and again, I get this,
"Windows cannot start becasue this file is other missing or corrupt. WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/something else..."
I turned everthing off, opening the case up and cleaned out all the dust and whatnot, plugged everything back in fired it up, "Windows cannot boot, please insert system disk and hit Enter." I did so after much hesitation, having been told to do that before and having to have had my computer reformated. Well, that's the only reason the computer is working now...

Some known problems
-My computer once froze up and crashed months and months ago while playing one fo teh "Cow levels" with my Necromancer and some other people, and the tons of cows... must've been too much, the computer crashed, a chip fried and a fan stopped working. It has since been repaired...
-WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 was once missing, a LONG time ago.. is was then repaired from that as well.
-My video card is awfully hot at IDEL
Field Value
GPU 74 °C (165 °F)
-The mini fan on the motherboard hardly spins at all.
-I'm missing a fan in the front of the computer. (The people happened to have, "forgotten" it.)

I'm likely getting the computer taken in tomorrow to get fixed and looked at, and get that fan put in and the other replaced..

Any imput from any of you?

Last edited:

Hyper_Kagome

We don't have the money too, this one we have alone costed $1500 CAD just to get it custom built... that was also close to a year 1/2 ago.

Hyper_Kagome

This one right now, is only close to about a year and a half, not even, more like a year and some months.

I don't know where'd I'd get the virus from.. I'm safe with the files I open and recieve and all that... not to mention this happened on Diablo 2.

Hyper_Kagome

I make sure the computer suse it well, so, no I doubt it was them. It's not really mine, as it is "ours." (Household.) But I make sure that it's good, and scan it regularly with virus scanners and whatnot.

mgoldb2

VIP Member
Let’s run a chkdisk to make sure that the missing file error not being caused by corruption on the harddrive.

Open my computer
Right Click on c drive choose properties
Go too tools
Under error-checking choose check now

It properly will say cant do it now do you want to schedule for when you reset your computer. Choose yes. Then reset your computer and it should run chkdisk on startup.

Last edited: