AHHH!!! POPUPS!!! need help

bugsy154

OK, my computer has random popups all the time. WHen the internet browser isn't open, i get popups. how can i fix it???

bugsy154

I found this...

After running adaware, It went to this website. It said...

TAC - PeopleOnPage

TAC Level: 9

Removal: 0

Integration: 2

May cause browser instability

Distribution: 2

Bundled with other applications which make it difficult to determine its installation is part of the EULA terms (if presented in the EULA at all)
Installs on 'partner' websites by use of ActiveX, not allowing for viewing the EULA/Privacy Policy

Behavior: 3

Browser Hijacker
Changes browsing results
Auto-updates without user permission and/or knowledge
Opens unsolicited popups

Privacy: 2

Tracks the user's surfing habits

kobaj

VIP Member
You didnt nead to make a whole new thread, It might be a virus and you might want to get avg. Or you have what I have adaware that can only be removed with a format of your hard drive.

Charlie7940

spybot S&D + Ad-aware will not get rid of a virus/spyware alone. You really need a good antivirus program/firewall to protect you from the lastest outbreaks. I recommend Norton Internet security 2005. Ever since I installed it I have had absolutely no problems. Occasionally I will run Ad-aware and it will pick up a few items.

bugsy154

So, what should I do now??? I plan to clean out the whole thing and start at square 1, but it's gonna take me a while to back up those files.

cell4me

banned
I recommend avast antivirus it uses almost no system resourses it does a great job cleaning viruses and catching them even before they can infect your pc and best of all it's FREE :D I dumped norton hade to many problems with auto update and such think it sucks JMO!

Charlie7940

So, what should I do now???

Well if you read ^ I strongly reccomended getting an antivirus program/firewall, I would'nt run a system without one ;)

What kind of Pop-ups do you get?

It doesn't matter what kind, he said he gets random popups that he doesn't want: spyware

flame1117

banned
Also if you have "Kazza" or "Morphous" or "grogster" or a file sharing along those lines, many of them install adware onto your PC along with spyware

OS Dragon

POP-UPS!!! I used to get loads and loads then I got so sick of it that I bought Norton Firewall. I recon 85 - 97% of the pop-ups have stopped getting through :D

smadge

norton is great. actually i have not gotten a single pop-up with it for a couple of months now. sometimes its annoying because it blocks pop-ups that arent advertisements :D. i know your planning on starting fresh but your TAC report said it gave imformation to partners through activeX, mabye you should shut that down until its under control.

wensk

Microsoft Anti Spyware Beta....I'm pretty impressed with how well it works. I've cleaned a couple of pcs for friends that were hosed fairly well that they wouldn't even connect to the internet. Run it in safe mode and then continue to run it until all the nasties are gone. Use the live monitoring as well.

Download the google toolbar with the pop up blocker as well.

lukie01

I suggest you get Mozilla Firefox. It 2x the speed and you get much lesser pop-ups. But also get Kapsersky it's a very good anti-virus. But if your really padantic about viruses get the internet securuity one.