ahhh

Disciple20

Ok, well i tryed to get my computer togeather... and no success, IF i didnt break somthing, i must have missed a wire or somthing. but if i did break somthing i dont know what it could have been... how much thermal paste should i apply to a cpu? thats the only thing i think i could have done to mess somthing up, god i hope not...

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Single Core - Rice sized dot in middle

Dual/Quad core - One line down the middle

And no... TP will not "mess up" your computer. Pictures will help alot...

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
What exactly is it doing? the most common error is the motherboard is slightly touching the case, or the brass standoffs are placed incorrectly

Disciple20

Heh nah nevermind, i had everything in right. i was just missing the "Powerled"and "Powersw" wires. So i paid a guy 10bucks to come over and plugg it in haha... he was done in like 1 minute, thats like... 600$ a hour ><

but anyways my computers running up to speed, just wanted to say thanks for your replys, this is a really good site.

heh one more thing.. do i NEED a sound card? cause i kinda forgot that.. or can i just download a driver or somthing. kinda thought mobo's come with a built in crappy one.

chupacabra

heh one more thing.. do i NEED a sound card? cause i kinda forgot that.. or can i just download a driver or somthing. kinda thought mobo's come with a built in crappy one.

Not really unless you're going to use a 5.1 system or a 7.1 surround

Disciple20

when i go to controlpanel, sounds/audio, says there is nothing, but its plugged in, dont think they came with a install Cd..

Last edited:

Disciple20

when i go to gigabytes site/the cd it came with, when i try to download the realtek audio driver it says i need to download and install a MS patch befor installing realtek. But when i got to the site it gives me and download the patch it says i allready have it..

any otheer places i can get a audio driver?

or any way around this?