ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

mortonman1

ok this is ridiculous. just crazy. my luck has run short.
heres the problem, i bought a msi 9600gt for my computer(built) and it didnt work. hers how it went. o and also i bought 4gbs of g.skill ddr2 800. so i put in the new parts and when i booted nothing came to the monitor. the monitor read "no signal input detected" so... i tryed different ram. my old video card, which was a 7100 built into the motherboard. i had the gigabyte 7100 630i. so after numerous attemts my psu gave way(400w). yea it was a little low on power at 400w. so i ordered a 0cz 600w and a new motherboard cause i wanted a new one anyways. i ordered the evga 750i sli mobo. installed all the new parts and the same thing. nothing on monitor. although there is also something else, the back panel on the new mobo isnt working. so i plug in my mouse and it doesnt work, same with keyboard. so... mobo broken and thats why 9600gt doesnt work, or the mobo and 9600gt is broken.
thanks for reading its long but necessary. thanks very very much. o and i reset cmos, checked cables, tryed plugging the mouse into the front panels(case usb ports), and stripped the computer to barebone and got no clues. all fans spin, HDs start(dont know if windows started or not).
possible solutions: cpu- could the cpu be the main cause??? gpu, mobo, psu. idk what else. except the monitor. i have a samsung 2ms 19in.(deactivated on newegg now) and i bought from newegg.com
THANK YOU!!!
o and there is no signal when i press the power button!! when the computer is not on it reads the same. i unplugged and plugged everything back in too(cables)

Last edited:

mortonman1

ok cpu looks fine. so what else. i get picture on the screen. nothing. so i think 9600gt. but no power to io panel. idk...

2048Megabytes

So when you turn on the computer all fans spin, hard drives spin but there is no display on the monitor. Is this correct?

2048Megabytes

I would try to swap out the monitor to a system that works and see if the monitor is defective. Also try hooking up a another monitor you know is not defective to your problematic system.

If you find the monitor is not defective try a new video card you know is not defective on the system.

mortonman1

ok. i was gonna do that. but i have a problem! big problem. i sent in the mail in rebate for the 9600gt like 2 weeks ago.... so i cant return to newegg and i accidently put the serial number that was on the video card in the rebate letter also... so cant go to manufacturer. im done for.

azwebs

Don't you have any documentation from newegg with the serial number? Maybe a reciept for proof of purchase?

I've never ordered there, because I live in crappy Britain with extortionate prices on everything :(

softe

could be just your video card, check the cables make sure its connected correctly, if so then your card is bad :(

mortonman1

ok new info. called msi, called newegg, and called evga. msi says video card needs to be tried in another computer to insure its broken, and if it is i cant return it missing the serial number sticker... 2.) newegg says i cant return it cause i did the mail in rebate.and finally evga says mobo may be faulty. also i tried the computer on my plasma tv(our families) and it didnt work. i used an HDMI cable to do it. didnt work. then tried that hdmi in my monitor and didnt work either. oooOOOOO, and big news, tried a different video card, guess what. it didnt work. so this leaves us with the conclusion that its not the monitor, not the video card, though maybe the mobo or cpu. whatcha think?

2048Megabytes

I think your motherboard is the problem. A faulty processor wouldn't cause display problems in my opinion. I would also try your monitor and video card in a working computer to make sure those are not bad either.

mortonman1

2048 megabytes, i sent you a private message. its not actually private, thats what they call it. haha. ok so read it please. i hope it will help. and im about to try my 9600gt in my friends computer!! yea finally.

just a noob

just curious, do you get any beeps when you try to turn on the computer, if not, i think the motherboard would be dead, if you get beeps, its either the cpu or ram

2048Megabytes

When a system goes thru post it tests three components:

Processor
Video Card
RAM

A central processing unit, random access memory or video card failure during the POST (power on self test) routine will generate a fatal error and halt the startup process.

I don't think the problem he is dealing with is related to RAM though you cannot ever rule anything out. I once had a motherboard that would not show a display because I had mixed different brands of memory. Once I pulled out the different brand of RAM it worked without any issues.

Symptoms of faulty random access memory

The system locks up
Error message about illegal operations often display
General protection faults occur during normal operation

mortonman1

ok. your right, i think the mobo is dead. i noticed no beaps a while ago and was wondering about that. im RMAing. i put the video card in another computer and it works beautiful. so... thank you for the help. i think this is it