WIndows 10 AI Suite 3 - Fan Source Question

Kaega2

I use AI Suite to manage all my fans except the CPU. My CPU has an Corsair H100i AIO cooling it.

I currently have my fan curves in the AI Suite set based on CPU temperature. I was thinking that the case fans probably don't even help the CPU that much, and the AIO already ramps up when the CPU temperature increases.

My questions is, would it be better to set the fan source for the case fans to be based on the VRM, PCH, or motherboard instead of the CPU?

Kaega2

Oh also, if you recommend using one of these other sources do you have a recommended temperature to keep it at?

Thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your case fans are there only to provide good cooling throughout the case. Generally an intake fan in the front and an exhaust in the back is all you need. If the room is usually hot, you might need more fans. Case fans don't generally need to be temp controlled. What are your internal temps?

Kaega2

So the CPU usually goes between 35 and low 50s depending on what I'm doing.

I haven't really paid attention to the VRM or PCH. They're at 50° and 48° respectively right now.

So it sounds like you're saying I don't really need the fans based on temperature, just a set constant speed should be fine?