Alcohol 120% Query

bananamonkey87

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if someone can hep me out. I'm new to the whole ISO thing, so if someone chooses to help me, please keep the language simple. Okay. I'm looking to backup my games onto my computer and have these files forever, to treasure as by having them backed up it'll be far more timeless than having the CDs. These games are relatively old, around early 2000s. I tried to back them up with Alcohol 120% but I think there is a copyright restriction stopping me. I have no clue how to determine what type of restriction it is, and how to bypass it. If someone could please help me with this, that'll be awesome!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
ImgBurn is much easier to make ISO's (creating an image). Use that to make the ISO then just use Daemon Tools or Virtual CloneDrive to mount the ISO.

cybergeek44

Try MagicISO or Nero

Hello there,
I myself stopped using Alcohol 120 for its complex user interface. I know many guys will not agree with me on this, but this was the case with me. I myself prefer Magic ISO for burning & creating DVD backups. Also, if you want good quality work done, try Nero Burning ROM 12. :)

ayan

Alcohol 120 is pretty complicated. I haven't used it in years. My advice is to go for power iso. It's incedibly light and powerful. I copied a lot of disks using it, and i've never had problems. Besides, Power iso is easy to use and very straight forward.