Alert! Air temperature sensor not detected.

Hi,

I have recently inserted a 2GB RAM Module inside a Dell Optiplex 320 Series but it seems that I get the following error message when I turn on the PC.

"Alert! Air temperature sensor not detected.
Strike the F1 key to continue.
F2 to run the setup utility."

I have re-connected the CPU Fan wire and replaced the RAM again but unfortunately to no avail. Does anyone know what might be the cause of the problem here?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You may have zapped something with static electricity. Have you tried removing the added ram and seeing if it would go away?

I opened the Computer Case and the fan seems to be spinning. I unmounted and remounted the CPU again and changed the RAM modules. I have cleaned the Fan from any dust and checked the CPU Fan connector to the motherboard and all other connections where as they all seem to be in place. I have also tried to put one module but still to no avail. I am now going to try and update the BIOS from the Dell website.

Anyone knows what the issue could perhaps be?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If it worked fine before adding the memory and now it doesn't then we can only assume that you zapped something with static electricity. If this is a custom built computer, most motherboards have a 3 year warranty, contact manufacture for rma.