Alienware Aurora 7500 PC

ChrisUlrich

alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Aurora_7500/aurora_7500_features.aspx?SysCode=PC-AURORA-7500-R3&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

Just copy and paste that please.

If you click "Configure" and check out the specs of the comp... you'll see what it comes with. I am upgrading the cooling system, Physics Processing Unit, sound card, and harddrives.

I know everything in here is pretty badass and is much better then my current setup (I used to dabble a lot with computers, but totally fell off once I built my comp).

What do you guys think of this setup? How good is the Motherboard, Processor, Memory, Graphics Card, and Sound Card?

I am trying to do a little research but I am having problems finding reviews on the products. I figured this forum would be the best place to ask. Can anyone lend me a suggestions? Ideas? Opinions on the Comp?

I am not sure if I should get that Physics Processing Card. Not totally sure what the hell that even is!

Last edited:

bball4life

ChrisUlrich said:
I am not sure if I should get that Physics Processing Card. Not totally sure what the hell that even is!
Well first off, its a brand new technology to deal with the reality of physics in gaming. THere are not very many games out right now that can use it but what it does it, it almost makes you interact with the environment more in games, like if a chunck of brick fell off a wall it could actually hit you and hurt you, not just see it fall, its new technology with bugs so its really up to you.
Secondly, why are you gonna buy an alienware, overpriced gaming computer, you said you have built yourself one before, why not do it again?

johnny

boy man yur pretty lucky to get an alienware computer the laptop i was looking at $4500+ american. They have nice computers like holym but u may pay alot but there worth it

bigsaucybob

johnny said:
boy man yur pretty lucky to get an alienware computer the laptop i was looking at $4500+ american. They have nice computers like holym but u may pay alot but there worth it

Not really, most Alienware products are way over priced. If someone handed me $4000, there is NO WAY I would buy a computer from Alienware. I could customize it and build it myself for a better value.

ChrisUlrich

bball4life said:
Well first off, its a brand new technology to deal with the reality of physics in gaming. THere are not very many games out right now that can use it but what it does it, it almost makes you interact with the environment more in games, like if a chunck of brick fell off a wall it could actually hit you and hurt you, not just see it fall, its new technology with bugs so its really up to you.
Secondly, why are you gonna buy an alienware, overpriced gaming computer, you said you have built yourself one before, why not do it again?

Because I can't afford one and they offer a financing deal with tons of warranty crap. Thats the ONLY reason... I can pay $65 a month or some crap and not have to worry about spending one lump sum of money.

That computer just looks like it will last a long time (2 years). But that's why i'm here. I wanted to ask your opinion on some of the hardware.

Can you guys check it out for me though? Please? The only things upgraded are going to be:

Harddrives, Sound Card, AlienIce Cooling, Memory, CD ROM (16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive w/LightScribe Technology), and the Physics Processing Unit if you guys think it's worth it or not cuz not sure how much it'll matter with gaming.

Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition

Center Edition? wtf is that? haha

johnny

its true that you could build a computer system for cheaper, but like i said u may pay alot but your not getting just any computer, your getting a pretty good computer, of course you could find the parts they have and buy them and build the computer yourself and yes it could be cheaper but your buying the components as part which in the long run cost you more then what it does to buy a HP Media Center PC, only difference is that you get a on site warranty with the computer and when you put together a computer from part you get a 90day-1 year warranty from the manufacturer and maybey a 30-90 day from the store and with the alienware computer you get them to come and fix the problem and dont forget theyll give you a deal from time to time due to some promotions

bigsaucybob said:
Not really, most Alienware products are way over priced. If someone handed me $4000, there is NO WAY I would buy a computer from Alienware. I could customize it and build it myself for a better value.

bigsaucybob

johnny said:
its true that you could build a computer system for cheaper, but like i said u may pay alot but your not getting just any computer, your getting a pretty good computer, of course you could find the parts they have and buy them and build the computer yourself and yes it could be cheaper but your buying the components as part which in the long run cost you more then what it does to buy a HP Media Center PC, only difference is that you get a on site warranty with the computer and when you put together a computer from part you get a 90day-1 year warranty from the manufacturer and maybey a 30-90 day from the store and with the alienware computer you get them to come and fix the problem and dont forget theyll give you a deal from time to time due to some promotions

I guess your willing to pay a lot more for a warranty. I would personally rather have a custom built computer, feel good about building it myself, and learn and fix the problems. You learn a lot more.

ChrisUlrich

bigsaucybob said:
I guess your willing to pay a lot more for a warranty. I would personally rather have a custom built computer, feel good about building it myself, and learn and fix the problems. You learn a lot more.

Yea I have been through that already... haha the warrany for two years went a long way for me. When I built my computer I had to send back a Western Digital Harddrive that took a doody on me. Soooo annoying

mrbagrat

banned
Well thats one part, isn't it? Seriously, build it. Unless you are really really uncomforable with doing that, you should. Built computers are also much easier to upgrade. If you want to blow 4,000 $ on an Alienware with some halfworking prototype technology, go ahead. But for only 2 years, 4,000$ is way too much.

johnny

yes and no, yes i would pay a bit more for warranty but no that much ok alienware is a bit over priced i agree with that but when you buy from dell, alienware, ibm you know that youir getting a warranty that will cover everything for "x" amount of time. now i agree with you when you say you would rather have a persoanlly custom made system, i would to, i would actually feel a bit more secure 'cause i know what went into the system and i would know everything about it

bigsaucybob said: