Alienware AX-51 slim desktop

lost79

Hi people,

I know i can be beat up here for asking something like this, but are Alienware more reliable than others?

I'm looking for a desktop and saw the slim AX51. Since i'm buying in the US, but i'm from overseas, it will be good to get some extra reliability instead of spending money with extended warranty.

Any experience on that?

Also, will slim shape requires some kind of "special" motherboard (that may be hard to replace if defective)?

Thanks ALL

Actually, alienwares suck more then most computers. Overpriced (extremely overpriced) and pretty unrealiable. And did you say hard to replace the motherboard? So, you are planing on this breaking? Anyways, build a pc. Cheaper then any oem computer. And more realible.

Great. What country do you live in? For building a computer, I need to know what site I should use for picking parts. And budget? Is this for gaming?

Last edited:

mr.doom

Or, if you can't build the PC yourself, use one of the companies that are good, like Scan or Aria. You can always customise your PC.

JasonJohnston09

My buddy just built a pc on cyberpowerpc.com. Actually came out cheaper than ordering from newegg with the specials they have going on. Just a thought.

lost79

Hi people,

Thanks a lot. Could build one, but the Alienware are not too expensive and it's just pick up during the trip. It does look good as well. I was just wondering of the major problems involved. The HP slimline for instance is famous for the motherboard that burns after +- 2 years or less.

mr.doom

Hi people,

Thanks a lot. Could build one, but the Alienware are not too expensive and it's just pick up during the trip. It does look good as well. I was just wondering of the major problems involved. The HP slimline for instance is famous for the motherboard that burns after +- 2 years or less.

Well, if Alienware is not too expensive, then I want your job, and earn as much :) You can make much better PC for that money. Alienware is basically now a Dell, just for gamers so you should be fine: it uses the standard mini-ITX board.

Darren

Staff member
My buddy just built a pc on cyberpowerpc.com. Actually came out cheaper than ordering from newegg with the specials they have going on. Just a thought.

While this may be true the quality of parts you get from doing it yourself is better.

However a site like CyberPower PC that let's you customize your own and order it is probably the second cheapest route besides building it.

Whoa, whoa, REALLY?! Cheese, what kind of people reccomend pre builts, on a forum that helps people not buy stupid PCs. You are reccomending a Pre built PC after he said he could build one?! I could build a gaming PC for 300 dollars. I could buy some cheap pile of junk for 300 dollars from Hp, etc. Cyberpower usally uses very cheap PSUs that can and will blow, and they are way more expensive for the same parts. That alienware is using a GPU that is 50 percent or less better then mine and is 800 dollars more then my desktop, and using lower quality parts!!!