Alienware help

sregi2

Hey guys,

I've recently just reformatted my Alienware PC, and now I need to download/install Drivers to begin normal use with my computer, but I've found out that I need to know the Model, Make and Manufacturer to get the right Drivers. But that's where I'm stuck. There are little stickers on the PC that give hardly any information about the PC itself.

There are only 5 stickers on it:

Sticker 1: Windows XP Home Edition.
OEM Software. And then it has the Product key.

Sticker 2: Fuled by Sapphire

Sticker 3: Intel Core 2 Duo

Sticker 4: The barcode, which is K0530

Sticker 5: Output
Input

Its approximately 5 years old, bought back in 06. I've looked on the Alienware website, and I can't find any that look like the one I've got, they are all too slick and cool/futureistic looking to the one I have.

Additional information:
Its black and red, and has 2 fans on the side that light up blue. It also has SIDEWINDER on the same side, aswell as a 'window' so I am able to see into the computer. There is an Intel sticker on one of the parts on there, so I assume it's made by Intel? Aswell as the Intel sticker on the front.
This is my brothers Hand-me-down, so I am stuck fixing it, and he knows as much as I do about it, and I live in Australia, if that helps.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Alienware is most likely from dell if its from 2006. I would need an exact model number of the pc to determine what drivers to tell you to get. None of those stickers gives us the model number. It has to be imprinted somewhere on the machine.

Does it look like any of these pictures?

sregi2

I took some pictures of the PC.

IMG_5919.jpg

IMG_5918.jpg

IMG_5920.jpg

I looked on the Alienware website, and even tried google images. I can't seem to find this model anywhere. It's like it doesnt even exist.

cabinfever1977

actually what you need is the mother board drivers, look for numbers on board and google it and download drivers for that board. Yeah i could not find that computer and it doesnt look much like a alienware model, but it is a dell case but not sure which model.

sregi2

actually what you need is the mother board drivers, look for numbers on board and google it and download drivers for that board. Yeah i could not find that computer and it doesnt look much like a alienware model, but it is a dell case but not sure which model.

Sorry what do you mean look for numbers on board? And I have a few CD's here that my brother had for the computer, but im not entirely sure what they are.
Ive got:
DNA Natural Intelligence: Intel 955x/945 Series Motherboard Utility CD (Ver. 1.11)
*Chipsets / Serial-ATA II / RAID Network / Audio Drivers
*Norton Internet Security
-Norton AntiVirus
-Norton Personal Firewall
-Norton Privacy Control
-Norton AntiSpam
-Norton Parental Control
*DirectX
-For windows 9X/Me/2000/XP
*Adobe Acrobat Reader
-Ver.6.01
*EasyTune 5
-System Enhancement Utility
*GIGABYTE C.O.M.
-Sytem Management Utitily
*Yahoo Toolbar
*64-bit Ready

SAPPHIRE [ATI RADEON Premium Graphics]: CATALYST Driver Suite Version 10.3
Installation Driver CD
Driver Ver.:12-116 (7/XP/Vista Only)

And a PowerDVD 6 2CH
Designed for Windows XP Media Center Edition (I assume thats to watch DVD's on your pc?)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That looks like a gigabyte motherboard to me. Take the side panel off and look between the pci slots or up around the memory for a motherboard model number stamped on the board in big bold whilte letters. Or take the side panel off and take a picture of the motherboard, make sure you are level with it and take a few pictures.

Manakore

Did your brother buy this computer off someone? It sounds like he bought it thinking it was alienware. He could have gotten ripped off haha.

cabinfever1977

Its official, it is a home built computer,not a Alienware, not even a Dell, so someone took a $60 case that came with a power supply and slapped in a board/cpu/memory and stuff...

sregi2

That looks like a gigabyte motherboard to me. Take the side panel off and look between the pci slots or up around the memory for a motherboard model number stamped on the board in big bold whilte letters. Or take the side panel off and take a picture of the motherboard, make sure you are level with it and take a few pictures.

I had a look around, and I wasn't exactly sure what the pci slots were, but I didn't see anything stamped into the motherboard.
IMG_5940.jpg

IMG_5936.jpg

IMG_5937.jpg

IMG_5941.jpg

Did your brother buy this computer off someone? It sounds like he bought it thinking it was alienware. He could have gotten ripped off haha.

It was bought from a Computer shop, and I'm pretty sure he bought a few things for it, because some of the CD's I found, there were a few boxes and one of them was a graphics board/card.

That doesn't look like any Alienware I've ever seen, in fact I'm pretty sure it's a custom built. The motherboard is a Gigabyte 945GM-S2. There are a couple of different revisions of this board, you can use CPU-Z to identify what revision it is, and the drivers are here:

Revision 1.0
Revision 3.x

So are those Drivers going to be what I need to sort out the Driver problem? Theres Audio, Chipset, LAN and VGA Drivers, Do I download one of each? http://us.test.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2564&ost=xp#anchor_os and whats the diffrence between Windows XP and Windows XP 64-bit?
And why do I need to identify what revision it is?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a cd that is labeled Gigabyte on it then that is your motherboard drivers install cd. Put that in the cdrom and it should auto load the program to install the drivers. Choose to install all drivers and it will do it automatically, with possibly a few reboots in between.