Alienware Laptop running Diablo 3?!?!

cRise

So I recently bought Diablo 3 and its not running so well on my computer.
I'm not sure if its because of my specs or because Diablo 3 servers are laggy for everyone (for the time being).

Here are my specs. What do you think?
Should I upgrade anything? (I don't have much money)

Video card: NVIDIA Geforce 8700m GT
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 @2.00 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Windows 7

Btw, is there anything else to make D3 smoother/faster?

Thanks in advance!!

Mishkin

The reason is because your laptop specs suck. Laptops and games don't mix very well, and yours is far from high-end.

Now may I ask you a question? Do you know why so many people have a fetish for gaming on a laptop? And why most of them also seem to think they should be able to get a kick-ass gamer for $600? Or why some of them go out and buy a laptop fully EXPECTING it to be able to play demanding games no problem, then are shocked and disgusted when they find out it cannot?

It's a laptop. If you shell out thousands of dollars for something that is top-notch, it will be able to play games about on par with a midrange gaming desktop...or relatively close. After that the gaming abilities of laptops drop off like a stone. They're just not built for gaming. They're built for professionals that need a computer they can leave the house with.

Darren

Staff member
You can't really change anything about the Laptop. Build your own tower if you want gaming capabilities. Some people are saying that gaming laptops are bad but my brother got one for 750 a couple years ago that could play everything he wanted maxxed at the resolution on the laptop. Avoid Alienware, they're overpriced.

Still, build it though. You can get a good gaming laptop, but for the same price you can get a much more powerful tower.

Edit: I'm willing to bet your laptop was good when you got it but it's pretty dated now.