Alienware laptop slow

mangofresh

I have a Alienware m11x laptop and whenever I try to run World of Warcraft at the lowest settings possible, it lags/runs very choppy. I'm 100% sure that it's not my internet problem because on my desktop, it runs fairly smooth. Much better than my laptop. Some specs of for my desktop is a older quad core (no i3 i5 or i7), 9 series nvidia video card with 4gb of ram.

The specs for my laptop are
-i7 u640 @ 1.2GHz
-4gb of ram
-64 bit windows 7
-GeForce GT 335M

I remember running this game smoother on my older intel core 2 duo laptop back then. I don't do anything on my laptop except school work + world of warcraft. I don't get any pop ups or whatsoever anything unusual. I'm just curious as to why my alienware laptop is bad compared to older/slow computer specs....I have verizon fios 2nd fastest internet plan btw

deanj20

That setup should run WoW just fine!

You may have several unneeded processes running eating up your CPU usage and RAM.

With no programs running, hit ctrl+alt+del and open Task Manager. Then post back here and tell us what your CPU Usage and Physical Memory percentages are.

Also, you should be sure that all of your hardware is being recognized and has the correct drivers installed. Go to Control Panel-->Device Manager and let us know if there is anything with a yellow "!" or a red "X" next to it - and if so, what it is.

And you should check your temps and post them here. I use SpeedFan: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Post back, and we will help you get that thing running up to speed!

- Jeremy

Last edited:

mangofresh

That setup should run WoW just fine!

You may have several unneeded processes running eating up your CPU usage and RAM.

With no programs running, hit ctrl+alt+del and open Task Manager. Then post back here and tell us what your CPU Usage and Physical Memory percentages are.

Also, you should be sure that all of your hardware is being recognized and has the correct drivers installed. Go to Control Panel-->Device Manager and let us know if there is anything with a yellow "!" or a red "X" next to it - and if so, what it is.

And you should check your temps and post them here. I use SpeedFan: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Post back, and we will help you get that thing running up to speed!

- Jeremy

It says 0-6% cpu usage. I found no yellow or red marks under device manager. And when I dl'd speedFan, it stop responding...