Alienware M17

double-dragon

This sexy beast just went up by £100 (damnitt).

I was wondering about equivalent specs from other manufacturers at roughly the same price range (and lower). Or if the M17 is even worth the £1100 price tag?

XCtechST

Keep in mind, Alienware is now nothing more than a prettier Dell. If you would buy a Dell, you will be content.

More specifically, the link you provided didn't seem to load anything but the default page for that model. Perhaps if you tell us what you are planning to use the laptop for, a recommendation will be easier to come by.

double-dragon

Ah, yes! Of course, my bad.

I was looking for a laptop to use for gaming as my current desktop is a bit 'past it's best'. I figured a laptop would be the best solution to use for university studies, too. Saves me having to buy 2 computers :)

So, I applied for finance TWICE from Alienware now and TWICE they refused and put the price of the M17 up :eek: (scam imo), so I will certainly not be buying an Alienware laptop.

But, I was looking for a laptop which matched the M17 basic specs with 4gb ram and a blu-rav dvd drive. I have a budget of about £1500. I was looking at the Dell XPS series and some of the high-end ones are a little out of my price range.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: