AlienWare PC?

rhinoman08

AlienWare PC called a Bot. Wondering if u think this is good?

-Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 550 w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 1MB Cache
-1GB Alienware® Dual Channel Low-Latency DDR PC-3200 at 400MHz - 2 x 512MB
-ATI RADEON™ X600 XT PCI Express 128MB DDR
-80GB Seagate® Barracuda 7,200 RPM w/8MB Cache
-Lite-On® 16x DVD / 52x32x52x CD-RW Drive

TOTAL= Less Then $1,200 (About $1,120 to be exact)

Just want ur opinion on it or ur opinion of AlienWare

dave597

VIP Member
small hard drive, no monitor? add around $600 to upgrade those. fairy gud standard pc. alienware are quite expensive, but gud quality.

rhinoman08

thats the thing i dont want to build one i have no idea how. Plus i just dont want to cuz ill think its all mest up and stuff. I realized also u really dont need that much of a hard drive who really is gonna out like 30 or more games on their pc at one time, its crazy. Plus i have a dell right now and im disapointed with it plus their way to expensive. But their monitors are nice

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Bot is designed as a base system, a general purpose machine rather than the classical Aurora/Area51 setups

lilm3boi

Your probabaly not happy with your Dell because you didn't know what parts to choose for it. The company ISNT going to make that big of a difference. If you have your heart set on buying one, I suggest a Dell 4700. I just made one on their website for 1250 which has 1gb ram, 3.4processor, 160 gb hd, 16x dvd rom and a cd burner, 19 inch crt screen, a 256 mn nvidia 6800, keyboard, and a 2 year warranty.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I just made one on their website for 1250 which has 1gb ram, 3.4processor, 160 gb hd, 16x dvd rom and a cd burner, 19 inch crt screen, a 256 mn nvidia 6800, keyboard, and a 2 year warranty.
Damn thats competitive. Whats the catch?

rhinoman08

if i was to get AlienWare i would upgrade to the big gaming machines like the Area51 for like 1500 and under. Thats what i would do in matter of fact

tomprice43

alienware are good but expensive, dell on the other hand are just as good and cheaper, for that price you could probably get a cheap xps.

lilm3boi

Praetor said:
Damn thats competitive. Whats the catch?
I was trying to show that you could NEVER make an Alienware with those specs for that price. Yes I know you can make one for even less, but he doesn't want to make one, so Dell is the next best thing. Unless you go to ibuypower.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but he doesn't want to make one, so Dell is the next best thing
Id argue going to a small computer shop and getting it custom made for you would be a more cost effective route :)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Id argue going to a small computer shop and getting it custom made for you would be a more cost effective route

I'd definatly go this route also any day :).