alienware r5 gpu upgrade

JLuchinski

You should have plenty of room, the GTX 1060 requires a min. 400 watt PSU so you should be alright.

Dubs

You should have plenty of room, the GTX 1060 requires a min. 400 watt PSU so you should be alright.
2 diffrent people said this on a older post a was reading about a r7 mine is a r5 but i think the cases are the exact same. do you know by chance what they would mean by the back ps arm?

Re: Aurora R7 GPU
Anything up to 5.4" high should fit without the bracket. The cards with the 120mm fans would not, by a small margin, unless the back arm sticking out from the ps were modified.

However, the SC2 card is only about a third inch higher than the original, this due to a cover, so it will fit without the bracket. It wouldn't be hard to modify the bracket, but I just leave it off. If I were going to move or ship the system, I'd remove the card.
and

The larger cards will not fit- I have a MSI 1070 that is larger. Tried. Failed. the angle bracket connecting the PS to the locking retaining plate is about 1/4" shy of closing. I could remove that bracket but would lose some integrity there. I'm super disappointed because if the engineering was just a tiny bit better this would work. Debating returning this thing but my discount made this with a 1080ti a fantastic deal.

JLuchinski

2 diffrent people said this on a older post a was reading about a r7 mine is a r5 but i think the cases are the exact same. do you know by chance what they would mean by the back ps arm?

Anything up to 5.4" high should fit without the bracket. The cards with the 120mm fans would not, by a small margin, unless the back arm sticking out from the ps were modified.

However, the SC2 card is only about a third inch higher than the original, this due to a cover, so it will fit without the bracket. It wouldn't be hard to modify the bracket, but I just leave it off. If I were going to move or ship the system, I'd remove the card.
and

The larger cards will not fit- I have a MSI 1070 that is larger. Tried. Failed. the angle bracket connecting the PS to the locking retaining plate is about 1/4" shy of closing. I could remove that bracket but would lose some integrity there. I'm super disappointed because if the engineering was just a tiny bit better this would work. Debating returning this thing but my discount made this with a 1080ti a fantastic deal.

I'm not sure, I googled the computer that you have and I saw a picture of 2 reference cards in that case which are longer then the cards that you want. Maybe it's time for a new case? I'm not sure how comfortable you would be with moving everything to a new case if it came down to that. What card do you currently have now?