alienware = ripoff

Exploded_Monitor

i just built a pc on ailenware .com for $38,000. no lie. now tell me that isnt a ripoff. Even though i bought the best hardware imaginable and every game in the universe...$38,000?!!! hhahahah hahaa *delerious*

iLL-Faded

big corps are currupted like sony, I HATE SONY, they just fill there stuff with crappy parts, like the ps2, my has disk read errors on it, as well as my laptop, its breaking down, stupid sony

Grimulus

well i know that one of their system straight up is like 5k i forget what it is called, SLX or something i dunno...lol , and yes when you include like 3 23in monitors in the mix and stuff like that i could get easily past 10k.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
well i know that one of their system straight up is like 5k i forget what it is called, SLX or something i dunno...lol , and yes when you include like 3 23in monitors in the mix and stuff like that i could get easily past 10k.
1. Its the ALX
2. Past 10K is easy. Almost 40Kis a different story (not that it couldnt be done easily of course)

tweaker

VIP Member
What sane non rich people shop at alienware anyway. :)

Not only is it expensive, it takes away all the building fun as well. :)

flame1117

banned
tweaker said:
What sane non rich people shop at alienware anyway. :)

Not only is it expensive, it takes away all the building fun as well. :)
Even if i had 200Billion dollors i wouldn;t shop there, even though i have the money why waste it. Plus then i couldn't have fun builing one:) actully imight just to say i have a 50,000Dollor PC........
but then i would just build my own after and keep the alien ware in the closet. Or i might take the case, since their cases are cool.

Greg J.

VIP Member
Monitors?

Quote from The best desktop "Unstoppable" it says:

"The Alienware® 20.1” LCD Display

The Alienware® 20.1” LCD display offers performance and style to match the demands of gamers, professionals and enthusiasts requiring uncompromising monitor technology.

Featuring a quick 16ms response time, crisp 400:1 contrast ratio and bright 250 cd/m² brightness, everything from games to text will have the vibrant color and precise detail you expect. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

16ms? That is absolutely terrible. Absolutely premium LCD screens now have response times of 4 ms!! What in the world are you paying for? Oh, and you know the technology button symbols listed in the description? Well, it says "DVD audio" and another says "24 bit sound".......24 bit??? Why isn't it 32-bit audio?

One last thing....Alienware claims that the SLI Nvidia cards provide twice the speed and power........thing is, SLI right now is only about %90 efficient in performance and power increase...not absolutely %100.

Bottom line: Not really worth it. All of that will be outdated soon.

flame1117

banned
Greg J. said:
Monitors?

Quote from The best desktop "Unstoppable" it says:

"The Alienware® 20.1” LCD Display

The Alienware® 20.1” LCD display offers performance and style to match the demands of gamers, professionals and enthusiasts requiring uncompromising monitor technology.

Featuring a quick 16ms response time, crisp 400:1 contrast ratio and bright 250 cd/m² brightness, everything from games to text will have the vibrant color and precise detail you expect. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

16ms? That is absolutely terrible. Absolutely premium LCD screens now have response times of 4 ms!! What in the world are you paying for? Oh, and you know the technology button symbols listed in the description? Well, it says "DVD audio" and another says "24 bit sound".......24 bit??? Why isn't it 32-bit audio?
But see people dont know what all of that is. and they are like oooooooohhhh technical terms :)
and they they go up to their friends and they are like hey guys look at my 16ms moniter isn;t it sweet. then sooner or later someone comes that knows about it and they are like. Thats it? then they will be like oh well i mean 160ms not 16. then we all know where that goes.