Alienware ripping you off

Look at what Alienware does to you, lol.

You can build that yourself and overclock it yourself and save probably $1500, for an equalized system.

This cracks me up

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah Alienware are a total ripoff,The only good thing i think about them is they have a nice case imo.:D

Yeah sure they are always powerfull systems and great for gaming but i wouldnt buy one....couldnt afford one anyway:D .

But people will be stupid enough to pay way way over the top just because its an alienware:cool:

salman

aren't alienware related to Dell? I think they are thats why they're tryin to rip you off

Edit- got beaten to it

Last edited:

Verve

you do realize the people who buy these systems generally don't care much for price.

ezefosure

Alienware are for people who aren't extremely tech savy, dont think they have the time to build a comp themselves or learn how, have money to spare, and want a good computer. They are geared towards a certain crowd and their marketing works i guess.

PLus, look at Bose the sound company. Their products suck but people buy into their marketing and think the high price must mean some type of added performance, even when its not true.

g4m3rof1337

And wouldnt it be more stable and under warranty if you bought it over clocked?

Plus, it comes liquid cooled...

Deepblue

HP bought Alienware, Dell bought VooDoo,

I think the Alienware cases are one of the uglest cases around, and i agree
way over priced and not more stable, i know a guy who has one he had to wait 6 months after he ordered it before he got it and it was a peice of crap.

ducis

alienware is for people who just see the extreme in core 2 extreme so they think its the best and worth 1500$

HP bought Alienware, Dell bought VooDoo,

Nope, Dell bought Alienware

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/pcs/dell-buys-alienware-162317.php

Look at the XPS from Dell, it looks kinda Alienware-ish.

I knew about this when it happened, I have friends in the stock market. They lost some $$ when Alienware was bought by Dell, Dell's stock dropped pretty bad after they bought them out, I guess their rising market has made up for the lost ground.

Last edited:

Dual_Corex2

banned
Remember, these computers are for people that dont know anything about computers but love gaming, i built my current AMD system with about $400 and i bet if Alienware built one exactly like it it would sell for at least $1,000.

hpi

banned
Remember, these computers are for people that dont know anything about computers but love gaming, i built my current AMD system with about $400 and i bet if Alienware built one exactly like it it would sell for at least $1,000.

I was gonna dish out a ton of money on one when I was like wtf I can build my own for so cheap.

thanks to the helpful tips on here I got a decent system build by me! :D

I was gonna dish out a ton of money on one when I was like wtf I can build my own for so cheap.

thanks to the helpful tips on here I got a decent system build by me! :D

Yup, I did the same thing when I saw what Newegg and my hands can do.