AlienWare

psykomyko

I am looking to get a gaming computer, a very high end one that can run anything (Budget can be up to $2500 or lower). Is Alienware a good place to get em'? Here is a build that I am looking at: (I am a newb when it comes to computers)

1] Area-51® X58

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66 GHz 8MB Cache
Alienware P2 Chassis: Alienware® P2 Chassis with AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling - Conspiracy Blue
AlienFX®: Alienware® Standard System Lighting - Fusion Red
Alienware P2 Chassis Upgrades: Alienware® Standard System Cooling
Power Supply: Alienware® 750 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Graphics Processor: Single 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800 GT
Memory: 3GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 3 x 1024MB
Motherboard: Alienware® Approved Intel® X-58 Motherboard- Socket 1366 Core i7 Ready, Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Memory
Operating System (Office software not included): Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (64-bit Edition) with Service Pack 1
System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 500GB SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 16MB Cache
Optical Drives : Single Drive Configuration - 20X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
Enthusiast Essentials: Killer K1 Gaming Network Interface Card
Dedicated Network Processing Unit (NPU) bypasses the Windows network stack to offload gaming network traffic from the CPU, giving you better frame rates and less latency.
Sound Card: High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio
Monitor: 24" 2408WFP
1920 x 1200p (6ms)

Last edited:

just a noob

that's terrible for the budget, you would get much more for the money, especially if you built it yourself, if you would like to see how much of a rip that alienware is, just price out all the components you can find on newegg, then compare totals
edit:
cpu $300
case $200(off ebay)
psu $250(1kw corsair)
gpu $130
ram $120
mobo $250
operating system $140
hdd $50
drive $30
no idea if the moniter is the 200-something dollar dell, or the 600 dollar model

Last edited: