Alienware

BagOfDeadCats

I have a custom built computer right now that someone else put together for me and it's been problematic since I got it. I would have to assemble the new computer by myself and I'm a noob. A lazy one at that.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Doesn't matter - if you have a few hours to put into building your own system (with a *TON* of support from here, keep in mind), you can save a lot of money and have a great system. Sound like the person who built your last one did it half-assed or had no clue what they were doing.

joh06937

those are usually overpriced (at least compared to what you could build on your own). even a total noob can put together a rig (with a little help from us :)).
for the rig/monitor, what do you plan on doing? if any gaming, do you hope to max everything out or do you just want a medium settings rig?

BagOfDeadCats

I'm going to be gaming, internet browsing, and downloading/playing media primarily. i just need to make sure my monitor will plug into the new system properly.

How much would I be looking at spending roughly if I built a CPU? I don't need monitor, mouse, keyboard, or speakers, just the case and everything inside it. I don't want top of the line stuff, I want to spend less than 1k if possible.

joh06937

building your own cpu? might be a bit tough :p. if you mean (and i'm assuming you do) "pc" you should be able to keep it under $1000 while getting a good rig out of it, especially seeing as how you have all of the peripherals already.

BagOfDeadCats

I don't necessarily enjoy building computers, and it would be very stressful for me. The Alienware seems to have good specs. It doesn't seem too overpriced considering the time and stress I would save.

BagOfDeadCats

I checked out cyberpowerpc and I really liked what they had to offer with the customization and good prices. I would much rather custom build a pc and have it assembled than do it all myself. Only there are so many specifics to choose from, I would need someone to help me build it. For instance I want a fan that will be very quiet and I wouldn't know which would be best for me.