Staff member
Guys are all these parts compatiable?

ASRock 775DUAL-VSTA SKT 775 VIA PT880Pro
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/114742

Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86ghz - Skt775
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/112704

ICute Modding ATX PC Case (Black)
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=48840&doy=25m1

with these parts from my current system?

Club Radeon 9600 pro (AGP)
1.25Gb Pc3200 DDR (256+1Gb)
My dvd burner & dvd drive
120Gb seagate barracuda hard drive
and my 400W Psu...dunno anything about that:D 20 or 24 pin?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Technically, that all should work. However, I've heard of some compatibility issues when those AGP and PCI Express board. Also, if there are no compatibility issues with the RAM, boards like that typically are limited to single channel(so even less performace) Finally, your PSU. You should at least check it's amps...

Kornowski

VIP Member
I've read up that the board runs both DDR and DDR2 type RAM (not at the same time though) but it can run them in dual channel :D

What would be the recomended Amps for a PSU to run that system as I am getting the same board and CPU (as Nevakonaza allready knows) :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
would i notice much of a differance using a c2d machine using DDR Pc3200 rather than DDR2?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Nah. In games, the most difference I saw was maybe 2FPS :p Search around, there are a few benchmarks comparing the two RAM standards.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
please answer Kornowskis question before mine...:)

Now for my question.

Would a 400W Psu like what i have be powerfull enough for the system im considering putting together?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
To both of you, I'd try to stay somewhere around 26A. Without too much of a video card or other additional devices you might be just fine going less, but I feel that's a good round number for an "average" computer. However, I'm not exactly sure of the power requires of that machine. Don't be skimpy, either! It's MUCH more safe to have too much power than just enough/not enough.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well it would cost me around £182.95

to upgrade to what i want too.....so you guys think it will be a decent performer?

I will upgrade the Gfx card at a later date to a Pci-e graphics card but for now my 9600 pro is good enough.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
no good asking me about power supplies mate cos i dont have a clue:D

But as i mentioned on your Psu thread i would get a new one if your one your using now keeps making your system restart.
You dont want that to keep happening on your new C2D system do you?:D
only problem is for you thats more it will cost in upgrading:(

Kornowski

VIP Member
Lol, Me neither! I was wondering if that one would work for both of us :p

Yeah, I wouldn't want that would I! I don't know if a new PSU will solve the problem though :eek:

Yeah, I know :(

lovely?

the answer is yes it'll work, but dont expect to be able to overclock and if you upgrade to a pci-e video card then i suspect that you will have to upgrade you PSU again, which is a big hassle

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the help, I've got to stop asking qustions in your thread dude, lol... :p

Its no problem mate....No point in creating another thread for the questions i would have asked anyway :D

Just another question.

The e6300 runs at 1.86Ghz right?

Is this its total running power or is it double that because its dual core?