All forms of media players are dead.

NoLuck@All

Ive been working on getting this computer straightened out with lots of help from Buzz (thanks again). Now that I have my original problem fixed, it has brought out more. I used to use Windows Media Player for viewing videos and listening to music, but when I try to open it I get an error message stating "An Internal Application Error Has Occured". WTF does that mean?!? I tried uninstalling it and updating it to WMP 9, but I get the same message :confused: . I have tried Real Player and Quick Time but neither of those will work now. QT stops responding and RP wont show a video, but I can hear sound. Now that I got my computer running like it should, I cant use it for anything that Id really like to. I really dont know what would be the right question to ask, so any input would be great.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
This wont fix the problem of why the players wont work, but its a very nice alternative media player, and will play all types of media extensions.

Mr.Blonde

that happened to me after i uninstalled Norton anti-virus, so have you uninstalled anything like that? if you do get it to work use iTunes

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmmm

:rolleyes: I would try and reinstall codecs. That seems to be the problem I think. Give it a shot.

JAN :D

apj101

VIP Member
mce is temperamental with some video drivers, what is your vid card and do you have mce compliant drivers installed????

NoLuck@All

Jan, codecs have been a problem before. Everything was seen in double, screen was green and a line was down the middle of everything. But I dont know if this is a codec problem. The program wont even begin to open. Where can I find these codecs?

apj101, I dont know if I can accurately answer both of those questions. AFAIK, the only thing video related that Im aware that may be installed on this computer is whats printed on the sticker on the side of it (8MB Nvidia TNT2 Graphics) it sounds pretty weak if you ask me lol. And I dont know what MCE stands for nor would I know how to check for installed drivers. Sorry.

apj101

VIP Member
And I dont know what MCE stands for nor would I know how to check for installed drivers. Sorry.
That my bad, i miss read the question, thought you were running Microsoft Media Center

cell4me

banned
You are missing a window file, I forgot what it is called but you can scan your computer for missing windows files by typing sfc /scannow in your run box make sure there is a space between sfc and /scannow! Then reinstall media players, WMP10 is the newest one, 9 is an old version!

NoLuck@All

I typed in sfc /scannow and Windows can not find it. I typed it in with a space like you said and it only scans for sfc. "Windows can not find 'sfc'.

I looked up that command and from what Ive read, isnt it a XP command? I have ME

Last edited: