WIndows 10 All my games crash upon 5 minutes of playing

Hawukk

So basically my computer crashes, I have some audio stuttering, screen goes black. Shows a coloured screen, then force restarts, any idea as to what this can be?

If you need any logs just ask.

What are your specs and does the blue screen give a code? If you have any logs that would help with identifying the issue
It could be a number of things from an overheating graphics card, a bad power supply, ram, failed overclock etc
I'd wager it's probably not heat since overheating systems may not start at all right away upon crashing

Hawukk

What are your specs and does the blue screen give a code? If you have any logs that would help with identifying the issue
It could be a number of things from an overheating graphics card, a bad power supply, ram, failed overclock etc
I'd wager it's probably not heat since overheating systems may not start at all right away upon crashing
Firstly, it isn't a blue screen, it's just coloured, sometimes it's yellow, red, green.
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Aero
PSU (not sure on specifics) 450 W
2 Patriot 8GB ddr4 ram
ROG Strix Motherboard

I was thinking it could be a bad power supply but I'm not too sure as it has been fine up until now.
I don't overclock at all.

Event Manager Error:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xffffba82d6e14300, 0xfffff80584648f2c, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: f3c88fa9-5827-4b1c-949e-8232eacf6dc1.

Source: BugCheck
Event ID: 1001

Depends on the power supply, some more cheaply manufactured ones have been known to fail out of the blue without warning but in this case I'd wager it's probably the graphics card
If you remove the graphics card and test the CPU and ram with a cpu test and memory test and they pass with no issues then that would suggest a graphics card problem
Do you know what your temps are like when running games? There's a few hardware monitoring tools you can use to check your temps to make sure nothing's overheating
A 1050ti shouldn't be much more than 75 degrees celsius

Hawukk

Depends on the power supply, some more cheaply manufactured ones have been known to fail out of the blue without warning but in this case I'd wager it's probably the graphics card
If you remove the graphics card and test the CPU and ram with a cpu test and memory test and they pass with no issues then that would suggest a graphics card problem
Do you know what your temps are like when running games? There's a few hardware monitoring tools you can use to check your temps to make sure nothing's overheating
A 1050ti shouldn't be much more than 75 degrees celsius
Let me just install like, Rainbow Six, as I only have EFT installed as I was testing my reset.
I'll test it with and without GPU. I'll be back to you ASAP.

Let me just install like, Rainbow Six, as I only have EFT installed as I was testing my reset.
I'll test it with and without GPU. I'll be back to you ASAP.
Not sure if games will launch without a gpu since I don't believe the 3600 has integrated graphics, to test the cpu you would need to run a cpu stress test (there's a few out there like prime95)
You can still test the temps though to see how they are before it crashes, that would give confirmation or rule out heat at the very least

Hawukk

Not sure if games will launch without a gpu since I don't believe the 3600 has integrated graphics, to test the cpu you would need to run a cpu stress test (there's a few out there like prime95)
You can still test the temps though to see how they are before it crashes, that would give confirmation or rule out heat at the very least
Alright sounds a plan