all the old stuff still on the old disk

jesse kraus

Okay so my brother wanted an ssd, so he got a 120gb one. of course it wouldnt be possible to put all his data on that disk, so we decided to just install windows on that new ssd and then set it as main drive, without deleting the old windows. this went all great leaving aside some problems, but now the main problem comes, his steam games and other stuff is still on that disk and not openable. gta 5 is fully on that disk, and it is weird but that game also gives an error. then he installed steam on the ssd and tried to change the game location to where the games were on the other dsik, but steam says that there is already a games folder (duuh, thats what we want dummie). next to that he cant find his images saved in the image folder.

so:
-is there a way to transfer just steam, not hte games to the new disk?
-is there a way to play gta without installing it on the ssd? (i did this all too and it worked fine)
-how to acces the old images?

we know we can just copy paste the games but that would take forever, besides, that would not fix grand theft auto.

_Pete_

Because you are runnig a new install of Windows on the SSD all the registery items for your programs are in the old Windows folder on your old HDD. You are not booting that Windows folder now so the registery items are not being used therefore your programs wont run. I don't know what the answer is to be honest. There are all sorts of pitfalls when using a SSD not the least of which is that SSDs are tiny. Hopefully somone will come along with a workaround. The only way I can think of is to reinstall all your stuff whilst telling Windows where it all is.

OmniDyne

You should be able to import the games from the old hard drive into Steam without a problem. Are you sure you've selected the correct directory? What path did you choose in the directory?