Almost trough now its the GPU! :D

Spider

so guys as you know gtx 900 is out! I was expecting to get a 980 but they are bloddy expensive. I've seen in some benchmarks that the 970 is better than the 780 (http://international.download.nvidi...shared/images/products/shared/lineup-full.png) and since the 780/780TI has not dropped its price that much the 970 is still cheaper. So guys do you think the 970 will do what I wanted the 780 to do? :D I mean I would love to get a 980 but the price just is Woo more 150 euros and more 200 euros..

tylerjrb

yeah the 970 will do anything you want depending on what your wanting it for, bf4, crysis maxed out 1080p it will run perfectly. its better than the r9 290 and i think a similar performance to the 780 too so for the price you cannot go wrong. Nvidia have stopped production of the old 700 series now so i doubt they will drop in price for quite a while.

I mean i was inbetween the gtx 980 or 970 i was more for the 970 because its quite a bit cheaper. I just thought fk it ill get the 980 instead and that should atleast last me for a good few years. I'm selling my gtx 770 anyway so it works out to be not too bad at around £250-£260 for the upgrade. Decided to swap the 770 as it struggles a little in bf4 ultra 1080p drops quite regular to 50fps so i wanted something better on performance and power usage and to play games such as crysis, arma 3 etc easily.

Last edited:

Spider

Yeah Im going for the MSI GTX 970. Great overclocking potential and combines with the msi gaming mobo and the theme :) Pretty happy anyways the money Ill save with the 970 will allow me to get a ssd even faster :D Anyways thanks for everything, once the build is completed Ill post some pictures here