Alternative to Dropbox

IronVeil

Hi.
I've been using Dropbox for the past few weeks. It is great but 2GB of storage is nowhere near enough. Before that, I was using Mediafire, but it was laggy, slow at updating and didn't have a desktop app.
Basically, I'm looking for a free cloud storage, which you can change real time and with decent storage. Is this too much? Of not, suggest an alternate solution

Agent Smith

This may be complicated, but try Amazon S3 with Cloudberry.

If you simply want to share files then check out Mega.

thewhiterabbit

Try out Nextcloud. If you are tech savvy and know your way around server setup you can install Nextcloud on a computer at home that has sufficient space and access all of your files from your home computer. It is actually a really great cloud solution that you host ourself.

_Pete_

EERR buy an external hard drive. I think they go up to 4 or 5 Tb, maybe more, these days for not much money. You will never get masses of online storage with out paying for it.

thewhiterabbit

Try out Nextcloud. If you are tech savvy and know your way around server setup you can install Nextcloud on a computer at home that has sufficient space and access all of your files from your home computer. It is actually a really great cloud solution that you host ourself.

I just wanted to elaborate. If you were to use Nextcloud you would be hosting your own alternative to Dropbox. Nextcloud is aPHP based cloud service that is self hosted. The only free cloud service that I know that can provide more than Dropbox is https://degoo.com You will get 100 gb on the free plan and you can earn more storage space by referring friends.