Am I Getting Screwed?

deeds281

I am having a computer built for me and I have no idea if it is a good computer and worth the $1250 i'm being charged.
It is a Windows XP.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6G CPU (fast with two processors)

Intel 31PR Mother board (the latest with wireless internet onboard)

Mini ATX Case (small case)

160G SATA Hard Drive (big HD for jusic and graphics, game storage)

2G DDR2 memory (important to have enough memory for good online speed)

DVDRW ( DVD and CD reading and writing)

GForce 7200 512MB VGA Card (big video card with HQ output and its own memory)

What do you think?

P.s. Would Vista be a bad idea?

Droogie

Well all those parts can be purchased for well under $1,000. Basically you're paying extra for the labor, really not a great deal, but not terrible. 160 is not a big HDD either, and RAM has nothing to do with the speed of your internet connection. The video card is pretty old.

Droogie

Yea, really if you can ask that the price be lowered, or even cancel the order and build your own (which would save you tons)

kookooshortman55

Well, my friend got a gaming computer customized online. It has an Intel Dual Core 3.0GHz, 750W PSU, 4GB RAM, a 9800GTX, and a 500GB HD for about $1400. It would probably be a little bit cheaper if he built it himself too. I would just learn how to build a computer and do it, it's cheaper and more fun. Unless it doesn't work =/ haha

just a noob

i wouldnt recommend a small case unless it is necessary, where exactly is it going to be, and in my opinion, your really getting screwed over

Geoff

VIP Member
That is only worth about $800, don't pay that much for it, the 7200 is a horrible video card! Also, 160GB is very small by today's standard, you can get a 320GB for usually about $30-$40 more, and most computers come with at least that these days, you can buy a 750GB HD for only $100!

Vizy

I saw the title and couldnt help but smile.

Anyways, yea you're in the process of getting hustled.

deeds281

Wow. Im only 16 and ive known this guy for as long as i can remember. This is really unexpected :(

Any advice on getting a new computer thats actually good? Im probably going to be looking at Vista.

I also might want to stay with him. I would need to tell him specifics so he wouldnt screw me though

deeds281

Wow. Im only 16 and ive known this guy for as long as i can remember. This is really unexpected sad.gif

Any advice on getting a new computer thats actually good? Im probably going to be looking at Vista.

I also might want to stay with him. I would need to tell him specifics so he wouldnt screw me though.

deeds281

Wow. Im only 16 and ive known this guy for as long as i can remember. This is really unexpected sad.gif

Edit: I also might want to stay with him. I would need to tell him specifics so he wouldnt screw me though.

Mitch?

banned
issues with figuring out posting? :p
just hit the 'edit' tab on your post you want to edit, instead of 3 new posts...
your not getting screwed, your getting violently raped.
the computer i have now is significantly better and cost about $650 with vista.

vix

BAD INVESTMENT

If you search around online you can do much better for the same price.

$1204.91

Intel Q9450 quad core @ 2.66 GHz
PCChips motherboard (Not for overclocking, but it'll work)
4 GB of DDR2-800
500 GB SATA Hard Drive
8800GT Video card
Blue Ray SATA DVDRW
Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme sound card
54 MBPS Wireless card
Midtower case w/ 650W Power supply
Vista Home Premium
Standard assembly and testing

Intel_man

VIP Member
Wow he's ripping you off for the things you're going to get.

If you go to NCIX's website and find the parts you like, they usually provide you with installation tip videos.

compfused

Yea dude, you should do some research and stuff before you have one built, just so you kind of understrand the components a little better. Ram has nothing to do with online speed, and that HDD is small (Even by laptop standards). For that kind of money you can get a faaaar better gaming computer. I wouldn't use that graphics card for a paperweight.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Yea dude, you should do some research and stuff before you have one built, just so you kind of understrand the components a little better. Ram has nothing to do with online speed, and that HDD is small (Even by laptop standards). For that kind of money you can get a faaaar better gaming computer. I wouldn't use that graphics card for a paperweight.

Yes it does. Tell me if you have 256 mb RAM you're internet will be bottlenecked. Because it WILL.