Am I on the right track?

ImPacT

Alright first post, what's up.
Anyways, starting my first build and just wanted to post up what I've got and what I'm thinking about doing. Looking to get some input from you guys as to what you think and if you have suggestions for different parts.

So far I've got an Antec 900 for a case and an OCZ 850w gameXstream psu on the way.

What I'm thinking for the rest of the build is:
-EVGA 790i Ultra MoBo
-2 EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 gpu's
-4gb OCZ 1333 memory
-Intel Q8000 s cpu
-1 150 harddrive
-2 650 harddrives
-LG DVD drive

(Posting this from my phone so some things may not be correct, I can't really jump to a site for a quick reference)

I think I listed off everything I'm intending to do. Haven't decided yet though if I want the 790i ultra or the 780i ftw mobo, also haven't decided if I want the 2 260 graphics cards or if I'm going to go with a higher end single card for a bit then add another one later. Also thinking heavily about water cooling.

Let me know if you see any errors or if there is anything else I should be looking at.

daisymtc

Go for core i7/ Phenom II setup.

I recommend get core i7 920, 6GB RAM with single GTX275. Get another GTX275 when you have extra money.

What is the 2 x 650 HDD? I remember there is 750GB/ 640GB. No 650GB. If you just use that for storage. 1TB usually offer better value.

150GB HDD - I assumed you refer to Western Digital VelociRaptor for OS and programme. Alternately, you could get a SSD instead.

Bodaggit23

What's your budget?

For what you're going to pay for the parts you listed, I think you'd be happier with a Core i7 build.

ImPacT

yeah sorry I meant 640GB. I was planning on doing the 150 for the OS and possibly other things 1 640 would be fior games and the other for music and movies. would I be better of getting a 150 and 1TB then partitioning that or getting a 1TB and making 3 partitions