I am new here, and was hoping for some help in building a computer for the first time. I have never built a computer (as I have stated) but I am not completely computer illiterate, but as far as what hardware to get, what brands, which sites, etc. I am pretty clueless.
My goal is to set up a decent gaming PC, and I don't mean REALLY high end, I don't plan on playing games like crysis, but I would really love to run counter-strike fairly flawlessly and be able to play some modern MMORPG's on middle upper graphic settings.
BUT, I only have a budget of about $700. Am I dreaming a pipe dream, or is there some hope yet? OR, would I be better off just buying a preassembled tower, there seems to be some decent ones out there nowadays.
If there is any chance I could succeed here, I would need a complete recommended parts list, and the cost. And would I be better off ordering them or trying to find them at my nearest electronics store?
Assuming that this is a possibility, one thing I would really have to have is a wireless lan card.
I am not sure which monitor I am going to get, but I probably going to get one with an HDMI input (and the monitor is not apart of my $700 budget)
And I will just use basic speakers with the 1/8th" jack.
My goal is to set up a decent gaming PC, and I don't mean REALLY high end, I don't plan on playing games like crysis, but I would really love to run counter-strike fairly flawlessly and be able to play some modern MMORPG's on middle upper graphic settings.
BUT, I only have a budget of about $700. Am I dreaming a pipe dream, or is there some hope yet? OR, would I be better off just buying a preassembled tower, there seems to be some decent ones out there nowadays.
If there is any chance I could succeed here, I would need a complete recommended parts list, and the cost. And would I be better off ordering them or trying to find them at my nearest electronics store?
Assuming that this is a possibility, one thing I would really have to have is a wireless lan card.
I am not sure which monitor I am going to get, but I probably going to get one with an HDMI input (and the monitor is not apart of my $700 budget)
And I will just use basic speakers with the 1/8th" jack.
Last edited: