AM2 Processors?

Jamebonds1

For BF3 on your computer if you have 550 Ti or 6850, it will be little lag because of your CPU. It is one of slowest CPU. Also if 550 Ti or 6850 are in your wishlist then i had say GTX 550 Ti is not fastest like high-end video card, so 6850 is better choose for you.

Des_Zac

For BF3 on your computer if you have 550 Ti or 6850, it will be little lag because of your CPU. It is one of slowest CPU. Also if 550 Ti or 6850 are in your wishlist then i had say GTX 550 Ti is not fastest like high-end video card, so 6850 is better choose for you.

Can anyone suggest a better CPU for the computer? I don't know much about AMD processors.

TekMaster

if you really want a straight up better CPU then look into a Phenom II, hands down
x4...

Last edited:

Jamebonds1

That would be AMD Phenom II X4 AM3 or AMD Phenom X4 AM2 (NOTES: AM2 CPU isn't making anymore, it can be found on amazon.com)

jonnyp11

if you read anything else after your last post you'd've noticed he has an hp and can only go up to an athlon 64 x2 6000, which is pretty much your best option, the thing is very old and isn't going to get really good settings on the latest games.

TekMaster

if you read anything else after your last post you'd've noticed he has an hp and can only go up to an athlon 64 x2 6000, which is pretty much your best option, the thing is very old and isn't going to get really good settings on the latest games.

then why would you upgrade anything on your current system? lmao
would that not be a dead giveaway to maybe hand down your PC to one of your kids and consider
upgrading to something worth putting your time into?

Last edited:

Des_Zac

then why would you upgrade anything on your current system? lmao
would than not be a dead giveaway to maybe hand down your PC to one of your kids and consider
upgrading to something worth putting your time into?

I am, I got this for 40 dollars as a side project... This is in no way my new main computer. I'm going to buy parts one by one for my new main computer and have this as something to tide me over and to later use for hosting a Terraria server.

P.S. > My age.

So the processor I chose is the best one I can get?

Last edited:

TekMaster

I'm sorry for may comments and actions earlier des_zac. If you can indeed find a Athlon 64 X2 6000, that your best bet by far