AM3 Mobos at Newegg!

FairDoos

Why are they so cheap? well not cheap but i mean normally brand new socket
boards cost atleast £100 just like the new i7 boards did but then again they didnt take any other kind of socket did they?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Those are not AM3 boards. They are just a old AM2+ DDR2 760 and 780g boards. The AM3 boards are DDR3. Those are just boards with a bios update to run the AM3. Many AM2+ board have the AM3 bios update now.

Here is a AM3 board with DDR3

GA-MA790FXT-UD5P

Gigabyte_GA-MA790FXT-UD5P_01.jpg

Last edited:

El DJ

Oh, I see.
Thanks for clearing that up, as I was also wondering why they were so cheap. Maybe my board has a BIOS update for AM3.

FairDoos

Those are not AM3 boards. They are just a old AM2+ DDR2 760 and 780g boards. The AM3 boards are DDR3. Those are just boards with a bios update to run the AM3. Many AM2+ board have the AM3 bios update now.

Here is a AM3 board with DDR3

GA-MA790FXT-UD5P

Gigabyte_GA-MA790FXT-UD5P_01.jpg

Hmm i wonder if mine will ever get the update arwell we will just have to wait and see but sheesh that is some sexy board i like the colour scheme :p

FairDoos

When is the processor for the AM3 planning on being released? I wouldnt mind waiting a little longer for my build :p

FairDoos

:( i was goin to get 1 until i found out it shuts down every 4 hours in 90% of them (just that board)

Hmm mine does not seem to shut down every 4 hours mines running very smooth actually where did you hear this piece of information?