amd 64 3500+ users..

reciprokal

what is your 3500+ temp at at idle? mine is running 45*C idle and 56*C at load with stock heatsink and fan... is this normal?...

also what heatsink are u guys using?

Scrat

Mine idles at ~38deg/C and load of ~45deg/C
I've got a standard Mid Tower case and the only fans it has is the one in the P/S, the CPU Fan, and an extra 80mm fan i installed on the back end of the pc case. And i have no other cooling... not even A/C in the room :(
I also turned off "Smart CPU Fan" in bios... now the CPU fan is always on.

Also, i havent done any overclocking or tweeking.

Attachments

• AMD Athlon 64 3500+.JPG
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 155

reciprokal

tweaker said:
Case airflow & ambient temp?

4 case fans (1 intake and 3 exhausts)...right now i am thinking that it could be the thermal compound that i used... it was a no name brand and it said

thermal conductivity: 7.5W/m-k
thermal resistance: <0.06*C-in2/W
10% silver

my mobo temp is 38*C :confused:

Scrat

hmm... sounds strange as i'm using the standard heatsink & fan that comes with the CPU, and no therm compound other than the stuff already on the heatsink.
Did you check your BIOS for a "Smart CPU Fan" setting that 'controls' the cpu fan?

Phippsp

My CPU is water cooled and has Artic Silver 5 on it with 3 case fans. IDles around 28C if set for a long enough time and at full load far as I saw 34C.

tweaker

VIP Member
reciprokal said:
4 case fans (1 intake and 3 exhausts)...right now i am thinking that it could be the thermal compound that i used... it was a no name brand and it said

thermal conductivity: 7.5W/m-k
thermal resistance: <0.06*C-in2/W
10% silver

my mobo temp is 38*C :confused:

It might not be the best thermal compund around but 38C is also abit high, but you never mentioned the ambient room temperature?

Also, the temps read by your system should be taken with a grain of salt.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
what is your 3500+ temp at at idle? mine is running 45*C idle and 56*C at load with stock heatsink and fan... is this normal?...
Yeah thats normal. What 3500 do you have?

28-35 idle 40 load ... thats due to change though with summer coming as well as the promise of exotic cooling....

reciprokal

^NewCastle.

Untitled-1.jpg

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
ive got a 3800+ and it runs at startup around 57*C

20gig

mines always 52 gpu core idle and ambient is always 32 and i have a nice thermaltake typoon fan for my cpu :)

CBizzle

Wow... after reading those temps, I'm kinda nervous that something is wrong with mine (3500+). Idle temp is 52C and load gets up to 60C... Im using AS5, and have a Zalman 7700-Cu 120mm CPU fan.... I did put a lot of AS5, how much different would that make?

mgoldb2

VIP Member
CBizzle said:
I did put a lot of AS5, how much different would that make?

If you put to much on it definally could have negative effects on your temps. You only suppose to use a thin layor. you might want to try removing what you have on it and reapplying it.