AMD dual core optimizer

Martingale00

Hello all, I installed that AMD dual core optimizer software from the AMD website. It's supposed to help balance the two cores better. However now that it's installed I can't find it anywhere. There was no desktop icon, no start menu folder, nothing showing up in add/remove. How am I supposed to uninstall this thing if I wanted to? It's not causing problems but I want to uninstall and get a baseline benchmark and reinstall and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
its actually a service; it runs in the background and sets itself up automatically to ensure that the system makes better use of the dual cores.

Martingale00

Hi guys, I figured out if I just go into start - run -msconfig I could disable it on start up without having to remove it. That worked out better and I found it did make a small difference in 3DMark06.

As far as the E6400 and 4600+ rigs go, the E6400 is my work machine and my 4600+ is at home plus the better graphics card is in the 4600+, ect. The reason it worked out that way is because when I bought the E6400 (it's a pre-built HP) I had no interest in computer gaming. When the PlayStation 3 kept getting delayed I started fooling around with computers and decided to build a budget machine. So I slapped together a 4600+ with a cheap motherboard and at the time a 7900GS for gaming. When I bought the 8800GTS I considered putting it in the E6400 machine and taking the AMD rig to work. I decided against it for three reasons though. One, all of my work stuff was already on that computer and I didn't want to swap it. Two, the C2D is a pre built HP and there are no overclocking options in the BIOS. And three, the Ultra case that the 4600+ is in is much bigger and more accomidating to bigger hardware like video cards and wiring from the PSU. So that's just how it worked out. What I can say from just normal everyday tasks and work related tasks (Excell, internet browsing, opening and closing apps, Word, insurance quoting software, ect) the E6400 is noticibly faster. The AMD rigs kills it in gaming though but thta's a matter of a 8800GTS vs. a X1300 Pro.