AMD FX 62 or Intel Extreme Duo core

Status
Not open for further replies.

apj101

VIP Member
have a funny feeling that Sophocles knew nothing about computers, apj101. Call it a hunch.
that makes 2 of you. And your comments were related to your purchasing ethos, by which you choose products of disproportionate price for limited gains... this is in juxtaposition to your quote of Sophocles.

By the way, interesting way of trying to twist my words by adding and removing emphasis with the use of brackets. Do you do that often?
I never twisted any of the words, the bracket I used where to eliminate the nonsensical grammatically unpleasing dribble that spans the distance between the very view actual points you make (made). I removed the following sentence
That's all that was, The way I buy parts,
if that changes your idiotic comments into some new found golden philosophy then I’m afraid I don’t see it.

Interestingly enough, I don't have problems.
That’s a matter of opinion.

Now that the C2D is wiping it's ass with the A64, there is no question which route to go
indeed,

AMD had their chance with my personal business, and they lost it
Currently they don’t have much to offer, but to state that they have lost your custom on the basis that one cpu did not meet your expectation is the hallmark of the die hard fanboys who you so freely discredited in post 14.

SirKenin

banned
No it isn't.. I gave credit to AMD for their Opteron CPUs, which are a phenomenal product, and I gave due nod to their A64s as well. Your accusations that I'm a fanboy are unsubstantiated at best. "Dribble" *sic* might be more like it to use your terminology.

Also, like I said, equivalent A64s and P4s are rougly the same price. I can prove it on Newegg. So how is your comment justified?

If you can buy a Rotel and a Pioneer for the same price, would you buy the Pioneer? Of course not, unless you're retarded.

I have no problems with this machine. Actually, I have several P4 machines in operation at the moment, and I don't have any problems with any of them. Absolutely none. They run 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They get the shit beat out of them on a regular basis... And they've been running like this for three years (well, longer for the one).

That piece of shit AMD lasted six months before I punched the damn thing so hard one day in frustration I dented the case and knocked it up against the wall several feet away. That thing was absolute garbage. And that is the era I'm talking about with all the fanboys screaming "price/performance". GAH. I got so sick of hearing it. I hated doing Axp builds for clients. I had to be so picky in which hardware to use because I didn't want the stupid thing landing back on my bench in a week. I had one kid bring one back because he forgot to take the tape off the thermal pad and burned out the processor in a matter of seconds. I've seen chipped dies. They were horrible. I hated them with a passion.

Yes, the A64 is a decent CPU... But believe me, when you can buy better quality for the same money, only an idiot goes running for the Pioneer. That's as simple as it gets.

People like you look at numbers and go holy shit!!! It's x% faster.. Yes, but at what cost? There's more to life than a stupid benchmark. If you play benchmarks all day I guess that's your problem, but I don't. I use mine for work and games. I make excessive demands on my computers. If they don't function to my expectations, I'm going to throw the thing across the room. That's all there is to it. I don't have the patience to screw around with it. When I'm finished working on everyone else's computer, I want to come home, sit down and just play. That's it. Until AMD can offer me superior quality and performance, they will never see the inside of these boxes again. Period.

I will, however, be more than happy to put a couple of those sweet little Opterons in my server. They're computing goodness and I love them. Not to mention they beat the tar out of the Itaniums and Xeons. mmmm mmmm. One of my clients has a dual Opteron server and dual Opteron workstations. I just love working on them... They're so damn smooth and fast. Amazing machines. Ok, I'm starting to drool now. :p

And no, it is not a hallmark of anything. I'm a very wary customer. I have no patience for bullshit. I spend hard earned money and I demand the best. If I can't have it, you won't have my business. Period. I sell the best and I expect the best. Since AMD doesn't offer it for a desktop solution, they won't have my business again until they do (with the exception of the main server and maybe the file server).

Last edited:

Ku-sama

banned
intel has their follies... a bad batch of CPU's once to where i used to work.. 15 out of 24 of the intel processors didnt work.... but i still like Intel and AMD

apj101

VIP Member
I feel the original question has been addressed enough, and we have all digressed a bit.

Sirkenin, I could continue on in this vane forever, but if i want to converse with an idiot I can find plenty around sat outside my office.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.